UCI DH World Cup 2017 #5 - Lenzerheide 8 July 2017

Headshot

Does Gwin seem like a bit of a jerk to anyone else or is it just me?

Trying hard to feel sorry for him but somehow I can't. I should support him as he represents my brand but he just seems a bit too cool for school.

I thought he seemed nice! Pleasant and friendly. His interview at least I thought was very friendly for a guy who just lost a race he had in the. He could/should have been alot angrier!

Like GM was last week! He was proper pissed

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he seemed nice! Pleasant and friendly. His interview at least I thought was very friendly for a guy who just lost a race he had in the. He could/should have been alot angrier!

Like GM was last week! He was proper pissed

You're probably right. Just a vibe I got, nothing more concrete. Legend talent though.

This just in: WynTV Finals episode confirms Phill Atwill is a tuh-wat.

But having heard his manager speak about 29'ers I'm sure he's got a team spot for life. Losers everywhere.

Edited by NicoBoshoff

But having heard his manager speak about 29'ers I'm sure he's got a team spot for life. Losers everywhere.

he is a proper ****. I daren't comment that feeling on PB though  - they all seem to love him

he is a proper ****. I daren't comment that feeling on PB though  - they all seem to love him

I'm not too bothered by the guy. He's the quintessential English yob. 

Also keep in mind he's only 22. None of us we're our best selves at that age. 

Does Gwin seem like a bit of a jerk to anyone else or is it just me?

Trying hard to feel sorry for him but somehow I can't. I should support him as he represents my brand but he just seems a bit too cool for school. 

I used to think he was a bit arrogant until I read his story on PB on how he got to where he is now.  Then I realised that it was not arrogance but confidence.  Having had so little experience in DH racing and yet doing so well that by the end of that year he basically had full a contract with Yeti.  You must believe 100% in yourself to achieve that. 

Still not his biggest fan but when he is fast he is pretty damn fast!

Phill is a yob but he's 22. So give him a break. His riding style is amazing. I'm very happy for him and expect him to do well if he looks after his body. Talent wise he is right up there with the best.

What is everyone's k@k with Phil ??

I don't like the guy but i don't hate him which seems to be the general consensus.

Is it because he rode A DH course on A hardtail ? He's enjoying it and still doing good.

I don't like the guy but i don't hate him which seems to be the general consensus.

Is it because he rode A DH course on A hardtail ? He's enjoying it and still doing good.

What would an internet forum be without in depth character assassinations based on 10 second sound bites and 3 second movie clips consisting mostly of thumbs up and helmet shots?

I think he's a d!*k on the internet. But in real life I imagine he's a cool guy. He's a professional athlete that has the image of a yob. Ratboy could pull it off because he had the results to back it up. Atwell. Not so much.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

didnt say I hate him...I said he is a ****

didnt say I hate him...I said he is a ****

I never singled you out either ;) 

Well I'm sure to A lot of people I come across as A D.O.O.S as well .....doesn't mean I am on tho 

I never singled you out either ;)

Well I'm sure to A lot of people I come across as A D.O.O.S as well .....doesn't mean I am on tho 

But he is in the public eye to a great extent and clearly has chosen a particular image he wants to convey. There's so many ways to get your message across. Ride a hardtail bike on a downhill course during practise  if you want to make a statement, but measure your words and your behaviour in discussing that if you want to have the majority of the public take you seriously.....

Talented? For sure! Still a bit of a box.