Cleats for Spinning / Wattbikes

AllAboutRides

Most wattbikes at VA will be able to take both road and MTB cleats.... remove the plastic toe loop for those that use takkies and you will see that the pedals have road cleat on one side and MTB SPD on the other..... will look something like this.  

MTB cleat on the top, turn the pedal over and will take a road cleat

I am blown away at my lack of attention to detail. Going to take a look tonight. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome!!! Thanks!!! So what cleat should I use on the road side of the pedal? Shimano SPD ?

First find out what pedals are on the wattbikes you want to use and see if they are dual Road/MTB or just MTB pedals

I am blown away at my lack of attention to detail. Going to take a look tonight. 

A lot of the bikes have the toe clip on one side and people do not bother to remove it, so when you turn the pedal over and the toe clip is on the bottom you only have the MTB SPD pedal

if you remove the toe clip then you will likely see the road cleat

Edited by shaper

Shimano Road Cleats fit on the VA wattbikes - or obviously SPDs on the other side.

If I remember correctly, only the newer Wattbikes have the dual pedals. The older ones have the Shimano SPD on both sides.

There are basically two variants of Wattbikes in the Virgin Actives (some VAs have a 3rd option, but most don't):

1 - Older gloss black WB Pros - Don't have Bluetooth, and the pedals were only SPD MTB and toe-clip/flat shoe compatible

2- Newer matt black WB Pros - Have Bluetooth, and the pedals are compatible with MTB SPD on one side and Road SPD SL on the other. The Road SPD is on the same side as the toe-clips.

As pedals break they typically replace with the newer version.

If whatever cleats you use is SPD (Shimano Pedalling Dynamics) compatible, it will work.

Edited by Pulse

Will Look Delta Cleats works?

Been to my local VA to check what pedals they have on Wattbikes and they all have Shimano SPD Mtb on the one side but Wellgo on the other side.

According to LBS you can use Shimano or Look Delta cleats on them....bought Delta cleats but still need to check if the stuff work on thise pedals.

PS - All spinning bikes use Shimano SPD Mtb cleats , nothing on the other side of pedal

Will Look Delta Cleats works?

Been to my local VA to check what pedals they have on Wattbikes and they all have Shimano SPD Mtb on the one side but Wellgo on the other side.

According to LBS you can use Shimano or Look Delta cleats on them....bought Delta cleats but still need to check if the stuff work on thise pedals.

PS - All spinning bikes use Shimano SPD Mtb cleats , nothing on the other side of pedal

Yes, the Deltas will work on the 'road side' of the pedal.

The MTB side will take anything that is SPD compatible (Look/Time/Crank Bro will not work)

Mountain bike shoes also let you walk from locker room to bikes with a certain amount of dignity.

Sandals for the shower also allow you to walk to the bike in dignity using these and then put on your road shoes...

Mountain bike shoes also let you walk from locker room to bikes with a certain amount of dignity.

Just wear your normal gym shoes to/from the spinning studio and change into cycling shoes at the spinning studio.

Bad enough to strut your stuff in the gym wearing cycling pants.... But to go into the locker room. Heck no! These places always feel like hide-outs for creeps, exhibitionists, pervs, closet nudists & pedophiles. Most won't have an issue, and happiness to them!  :whistling:

I much rather take a sweater top and track suit pants to get to/from home for any sporting related stuff: cycling/runnning/gym

Bad enough to strut your stuff in the gym wearing cycling pants.... But to go into the locker room. Heck no! These places always feel like hide-outs for creeps, exhibitionists, pervs, closet nudists & pedophiles. Most won't have an issue, and happiness to them!  :whistling:

I much rather take a sweater top and track suit pants to get to/from home for any sporting related stuff: cycling/runnning/gym

KP, to each their own dude. If you feel better rocking a top and tracks, then keep styling your gig.

KP, to each their own dude. If you feel better rocking a top and tracks, then keep styling your gig.

:thumbup:

I don't train to catch eyes during fashion hour  :whistling: