Shimano Diagnostics for Di2

Cleaver

Does anyone know, who has got a Shimano Diagnostic system to update firmware??

Gauteng please.

As far as I know, you can update the firmware with the bike plugged into your PC via the USB cable... I haven't tried it myself as I'm still looking for an updated battery & wireless unit to set up sequential shifting & to connect to my Garmin.

Does anyone know, who has got a Shimano Diagnostic system to update firmware??

Gauteng please.

Hi Cleaver,

We have all the diagnostic tools and interfaces/spares at Sprocket and Jack. We are in Parkwood and can help you out while you have a coffee/ watch the tour. Just pull in!

• 1 year later...

Hi Cleaver,

We have all the diagnostic tools and interfaces/spares at Sprocket and Jack. We are in Parkwood and can help you out while you have a coffee/ watch the tour. Just pull in!

How much would you charge, I need to update firmware on Ultegra 10 speed.

Hi Cleaver,

Cleaver ,

go to Grant , its well worth it.

How much would you charge, I need to update firmware on Ultegra 10 speed.

Whoever does this for you please ensure they do the bike one item at a time, when the firmware is very old  ( ie:10speed still ) the volume of info that is to be updated is sometimes too much to dump onto the bike in one shot so sometimes one or two items crash because they cant process it all with it small micro processors .

My two cents 

Whoever does this for you please ensure they do the bike one item at a time, when the firmware is very old  ( ie:10speed still ) the volume of info that is to be updated is sometimes too much to dump onto the bike in one shot so sometimes one or two items crash because they cant process it all with it small micro processors .

My two cents 

I agree, If memory serves I had to update mine thought the battery and shifters but that was a few years ago.