What gear ratio for female 650 Richey SS build

tunariaan

Im planning to start te long awaited Richey build for my wifes bike

At the back i have a 20t ring , what would be a good ring in the front to start out?

Im planning to start te long awaited Richey build for my wifes bike

At the back i have a 20t ring , what would be a good ring in the front to start out?

Not sure what the terrain is like in George, but in Gauteng I run a 32x18. The guys I ride with reckon I ride like a girl, so maybe a 32 in front to complement the 20?

That ratio will work for mtb - for mixed terrain and mostly asphalt riding, 32 -18/19

my wife (2-year experience rider) rides 1x10 on a 650b with a 36 front ring. Remember it is going to be a bigger ring than you would put on a 29er (because smaller wheels). I'd agree with the 30 for a 29" wheel, but for 650 I'd go 34 or 36.

my wife (2-year experience rider) rides 1x10 on a 650b with a 36 front ring. Remember it is going to be a bigger ring than you would put on a 29er (because smaller wheels). I'd agree with the 30 for a 29" wheel, but for 650 I'd go 34 or 36.

1x10 and 1x1 very different kettle of fish... 

For Thea I would say go for a 32.. She can play with a 19 and 20 on the back. A 32 oval works brilliantly actually... maybe hit her up with one of those.

30 front with 20 on the back

You obviously don't know his wife! hahaha

Im planning to start te long awaited Ritchey build for my wifes bike

Eendag gaan jy dit reg gespel kry .....

32 of 33

So dependent on terain, how strong she is, etc etc.

I am a fattie in Gatueng, found 32/16 to be fine. I recon a good starting point would be a 32... Then change around the rear if you want to grind/spin more.