Riverfields MTB Single Track

ChrisEVP

I'm Grateful and Humbled to be Alive.

Apart from that, this incident cost me +- 20K ZAR (Expensive Ride LOL)

I'm Glad that action has been taken to protect future riders.

I'll forever be grateful to Mr Lodewyk Murrey Owner of Target Specialized Risk Services and a few other people for assisting me on the day.

I feel that action should have been taken after the first incident but unfortunately it was not.

I still appeal to all of you not to ride alone @ RiverFields.

The modus operandi is such.

2 crooks made a run for my handlebars to force me to have an accident, one from each side. I did not see them at all so even if I had a gun or pepper spray or whatever it would have been useless. Once you are on the ground they pounce on you and drag you away from the track. Stab at you, punch you in the face, tie you up etc etc. After you are tied up they take all your stuff bike, phone, shoes, helmet car keys eyeglasses money and whatever else you have on you.

The Body Heals but the Scars Remain.

Edited by dasilvarsa

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll forever be grateful to Mr Lodewyk Murrey Owner of Target Specialized Risk Services and a few other people for assisting me on the day.

I feel that action should have been taken after the first incident but unfortunately it was not.

2 crooks made a run for my handlebars to force me to have an accident, one from each side. I did not see them at all so even if I had a gun or pepper spray or whatever it would have been useless. Once you are on the ground they pounce on you and drag you away from the track. Stab at you, punch you in the face, tie you up etc etc. After you are tied up they take all your stuff bike, phone, shoes, helmet car keys eyeglasses money and whatever else you have on you.

I'm really sorry had to experience this type of incident on what is suppose to be a healthy, fun, recreational sport. Thanks for sharing what happened.

Hope you climb on a bike soon again. Don't let these thugs dictate what you can or can't enjoy.

Join a group on the track and come enjoy yourself...

Perhaps a Riverfields Whatsapp group is a good idea? Whoever plans to be at the track, leave a note of the time so others can join...

I am really glad you are OK!!! Gashed and bruised, but alive! 

Perhaps a Riverfields Whatsapp group is a good idea? Whoever plans to be at the track, leave a note of the time so others can join...

Great idea!!! :clap:  :clap:

I'll start one and invite the riders I know (please just remove yourself if you are perhaps invited and don't want to be part of the group). If you are keen to be part of the group, please DM me and I'll add you as well (don't want numbers flouting around on forum posts  :oops: ). 

Just one rule (for now)... Since allot of these Whatsapp groups are misused, the group must please only be used to communicate relevant information about the track, events and rides... so please no inappropriate or irrelevant posts... I am sure everyone would agree herein, so don't be offended if you are removed (should you join that is) due to OT posts  :offtopic:...

Have a great day and see you all on the track soon!

I'll start one and invite the riders I know (please just remove yourself if you are perhaps invited and don't want to be part of the group). If you are keen to be part of the group, please DM me and I'll add you as well (don't want numbers flouting around on forum posts  :oops: ). 

Just one rule (for now)... Since allot of these Whatsapp groups are misused, the group must please only be used to communicate relevant information about the track, events and rides... so please no inappropriate or irrelevant posts... I am sure everyone would agree herein, so don't be offended if you are removed (should you join that is) due to OT posts  :offtopic:...

:thumbup:

Hi Guys  :w00t:

The Whatsapp group is up - to easily join, you can just scan the below QR Code with your phone (using Whatsapp or a QR Scanner)... This will cause you to automatically be added to the 'Riverfields MTB Track' group on Whatsapp...

You can still send your number via DM if you want to be added oldschool  :thumbup:

See you out there  :devil:

post-103788-0-99915700-1513057888_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys :ph34r:

After my (un)spectacular crash on the track in December last year, I only revisited RIverfields this past weekend.. oh how the legs burned...   :oops: .

I was pleasantly surprised by the Christmas presents left on the track by Riverfields/Finishline :clap:.. They managed to 'scrape' about 90% of the existing blue and red sections, and added a lovely new section to the track... The new section (marked in black on the image) is just under 6km (bringing the total distance of the track up to 17km on a single loop) - complete with some pups, rocks, drops and other obstacles to fall off of  :devil: ... Riding my cross, I was forced to get off and carry my bike over 2 short sections, but managed it through and over the rest... that said, don't attempt the new section at speed if you are a beginner or not familiar with the track :blush:

See you on the track, and enjoy the new addition(s)... :w00t:

post-103788-0-64827600-1517304237_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

The Riverfields MTB Trail will be holding a open track day Saturday the 17th... You are invited to come and experience the newly completed 17km Red course... or simply enjoy the existing 10km Blue and 3km Green Trail...  :clap:

Race Snakes!!! :devil:  Come claim the Strava KOM, currently held at 43:28, between 06:00 and 08:00 on the morning... and then calm yourselves down to give the kids, wifes, newbies and more relaxed riders a go between 08:00 and 14:00...

There will be prizes up for grabs, pancakes and boerie rolls for sale as well as some demo bikes available...  :thumbup:

Entry, as always, remains FREE... but donations towards the security and upkeep of the track will be the primary purpose of the event...

For further information please contact Conraadt (PAINcave) on (ZERO)8249(ZERO)4875...

See you there!!! :eek:

post-103788-0-73909000-1518070318_thumb.jpg

Hi Guys,

Are newbies (very new) welcome at this track, and does it have a "sissie"or beginners section?

My 9 Year old has been bugging me since Christmas to go riding somewhere as Santa gave him a new trick bike (what the heck was Santa thinking  :drool: ) and dad is now being roped into his riding plans.

Dad has a very old (model wise, it has in fact only done about 100 km's) Peugeot 21 spd somewhere in the garage that will have to do for now.

For now just social rides if permitted.

Hi Guys,

Are newbies (very new) welcome at this track, and does it have a "sissie"or beginners section?

I haven't been in a while, but definitely rideable by anybody. The hardest thing (for me) on that trail was getting by bike through the gate :D 

Hi GaryW

The track (or at least sections thereof such as the GREEN) is perfect for newbies  :clap:. Come buy this Saturday (17/2/2018) for the open day at the track - it would be the perfect time to take a look at the track and meet some other riders with newbie riders the same age as your kid...

• 1 month later...

Rode it this morning, kudu's to the guys maintaining it as its in excellent shape and visual security presence. Plenty of flowing hard packed single track with few "technical's" which i usually suck at but manged here thrown in. With winter approaching and I move more towards MTB I will make this a lot more regular.