My Raleigh Choppers

SelvanP

I was 8 yrs old when my brother bought me my first bike,a cool blue mk2 Raleigh Chopper.He paid R40 fof it back then.My fondest childhood memories were made on that bike.Even the old ballies told me never to sell it because it was a collectors item.Sadly it was stolen.Since then i searched high and low to find another,and thanks to the internet and alot of wanted ads later i finally found one,tucked away safe and sound on top of a guys bar in Pretoria.At first he was willing to sell it to me,but his wife convinced him otherwise,to keep it for his grandkids to enjoy.Anyyways a few yrs later after trying to convince him otherwise,he finally budged,and after a fair trade i finally had my hands on a mk1 Raleigh Chopper.Ill let her speak for herself.post-115774-0-16568500-1499978188_thumb.jpg

Yup castration free of charge. Was lekker to wheelie, but not so lekker to flip.

I always wanted one of those but couldn't afford it. And it was the gear lever that did it for me - something about the way it was positioned made me think of driving cars. So cool.

I always wanted one of those but couldn't afford it. And it was the gear lever that did it for me - something about the way it was positioned made me think of driving cars. So cool.

same thing. 

Since the day i bought it ive never ridden it.It stays high up on my sons cupboards out of reach.I got him a mk3 Raleigh Chopper instead to ride around on...and fall.Even though they made significant modifications on the mk3,my son still manages to fall off and break his hand.It would be cool to get the mk2 now and complete the set lol.

The mk3 is behind the mk1 will post better pics later.Im currently building up a Raleigh Bomber,just needing cables to make it roadworthy and.I cant seem to find the stickers anywhere,and i cant get anyone to make them for me.I want it done on silver foil so the colours and silver reflects nicely.