Nissan Trailseeker #3 Lionman / Kalahari Desert sand challange

corriekuilder

Had a fun day out!! Did the 40km, was 30 mins late for my batch and they re-batched me to K without any issue or fuss :thumbup: . Ended up having a moving time of 02h27, sadly some traffic but way less than I expected.

Sand made for an interesting ride, and I think it's extremely mean to put that massive hill right at the start!!!

For some reason my rear brake stopped working right on the start line. Did 15km and after an off due to loose sand front wheel braking decided to call it a day. Wouldn't have made it down Vodacom hill with just a front brake. So loop hy...

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Does anybody have info on the rider airlifted from the venue? Apparently the rider had a heart attack. If so,hope he/she makes a full recovery to ride another day. Personally had a good day out,the sand sucked ass,also had an encounter woth a kudu cow,jumped into a fence in front of me at about 4-6km to the finish,big kudos to the rider who assisted and braved the electric fence,eventually someone from the mainroad stopped,and had pliers,rider 633#3, you saved the cow from serious injury,ice cold one to you!!!

Daai sand. Eina pyn. I did like the technicality of the track. Im gonna be sore tomorrow. Om glad we got our goody bags and that they weren't raided

Edited by Theunissa

Had a fun day out!! Did the 40km, was 30 mins late for my batch and they re-batched me to K without any issue or fuss :thumbup: . Ended up having a moving time of 02h27, sadly some traffic but way less than I expected.

Sand made for an interesting ride, and I think it's extremely mean to put that massive hill right at the start!!!

what was your final distance?

This was, as usual, a lekker but tough marathon course. To the guys that helped with the kudu caught in the fence : well done. You guys are true gentlemen. To the person that scratched my bakkie in the parking area and didn't leave a note : just know that Karma will get you. And she's a bitch. So good luck.

Just one last thing to add. The Waterpoints were awesome!!! Enough of everything, and a special thanks to the guys at the 3rd waterpoint on the 40km. Super friendly and enthusiastic! Could hear them chanting, calling and motivating from about 500m away. Huge thanx guys!!!

Started the 40 in A, snapped my chain after 500 metres. Lost 16 min and finished in 2:08 with gears not really working. The sand is always "fun"!

I'll be back next year!

I think when there is a 40 k split off from the 70 k route, someone should stand there and cut off the boards ( and balls) of those marathon riders that turn off short. Especially as most still go through the finish and get times beyond their means, and mess up the results for others that actually do the marathon.

Rant over ;-)

I think when there is a 40 k split off from the 70 k route, someone should stand there and cut off the boards ( and balls) of those marathon riders that turn off short. Especially as most still go through the finish and get times beyond their means, and mess up the results for others that actually do the marathon.

Rant over ;-)

Don't stress about that, they are only knobbing themselves.If they do that there will be huuuge time differences, quite easy to spot the anomalies. 

I only did the 20km and enjoyed it thoroughly, must say the 3" plus tires makes a huge difference in the sand.