Nissan Trailseeker #3 Lionman / Kalahari Desert sand challange

corriekuilder

Real ouch, I wondered what happened to this golf when i went passed, thanks for the info

Very lekker ride on the half.  Had to quickly learn how to ride through sand :)

Excellent route markings.  Difficult first half of the half though!

Do agree with that third water table - those 2 guys were rocking it!  :)

To the okes that manned the 40km water point on the marathon route: thanks for the beer! I really enjoyed it while waiting for my lift back to the starting line.

Never really broke chain ring bolts but it seems there is always a first time for everything.

To the okes that manned the 40km water point on the marathon route: thanks for the beer! I really enjoyed it while waiting for my lift back to the starting line.

Never really broke chain rin g bolts but it seems there is always a first time for everything.

Too much power!!

I think that's what they call "proper" mountain biking????? If it wasn't sand then it was rocky climbing and descending and then some wind just for fun, never mind the thorns! Did the Marathon, had an OTB when riding on side of track to avoid the sand and hit a biggish concealed rock - my own fault. Thankfully no serious damage. Overall great ride. Nice to have the routes completely split.

I think that's what they call "proper" mountain biking????? If it wasn't sand then it was rocky climbing and descending and then some wind just for fun, never mind the thorns! Did the Marathon, had an OTB when riding on side of track to avoid the sand and hit a biggish concealed rock - my own fault. Thankfully no serious damage. Overall great ride. Nice to have the routes completely split.

If you thought THAT was proper mountain biking, try Van Gaalens on the 29th of July! Eish!

If you thought THAT was proper mountain biking, try Van Gaalens on the 29th of July! Eish!

Yup, I'm IN for Van Gaalens, have done it before - gonna be another Eina! At least much less sand and thorns at Van Gaalens :w00t:

Hi all,

I was the reason that @Letum911 was late for the race.

We were rebatched to batch K and off we went. I was under the impression that the elevation gain would be under 300 meters and went into the race with no real concern, until met with the first two climbs and I knew I would be in for a long day.

My strava failed as my phone wasn't locked but I completed the race in 3 hours. I would definately be back next year, better prepared as this is truly a fun event.

Water points all round was impressive.

Huge thanks to the organisers for putting together this event and the trialseeker series.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk