Powertap (Reynolds) Wheels - constant punctures on front wheels

mecheng89

Good afternoon Hubland,

To those who own a pair of Powertap wheels, who has also been having constant issues with front wheel punctures?

post-63970-0-96941100-1500214929_thumb.jpg

Pucture in the same place? Did you run your fingers inside the tyre to see if any sharp objects are protruding? Consider changing tyre and rim tape if you can't feel anything sharp

Not impossible, but can't think that the issue would be with the wheel.

Inspect the tyre, rim tape closely as Shaper suggested.

Aside from sharp objects, also check for holes/rips in the tyre/rim tape which allow tube to push through/potrude.?

Edited by Thomo

Check tube, if the hole is on inside check rim tape (It took me 7 punctures later to figure this out) if on the outside check the tyre....

Thanks for your replies so far everyone.

Yes, I have checked the tyre(s), ran my fingers along the rim, inside and outside, nothing unusual. 

We have not had any reported issues with these wheels. happy to take a look for you.......

Getting to you guys in the week is very difficult for me, and weekends not possible, but if I don't manage to come right I'll definitely pop in.