Light clamp strap thingie

Uni

I have this thingy lying about that looks similar that you are welcome to. Strap doesn't look detachable though, but you might be able to make a plan somehow.

61e5762dece328efea47f33678ec64fa.jpg

Thanks @Raydek - won't help in this case but thanks for the offer.

@Stretch - cable ties would move around too much and annoying AF having to cut it off each time, after further investigation this morning, there is a big enough slot for me to put my supposed seamstress skills in use and I could possibly create 2 velcro straps that will hold it in place tight enough and it would be reusable. 

Hi Uni

I have a box full of light fittings, clamps and mods but for the life of me I cannot fathom out what is what from the pics.

What light is it from?

the bit that is discoloured and "torn" i assume that is *Supposed to be permanently fastened?

The actual release looks like it is the plastic nut, you undo that and the handlebar holder thing comes loose?

in that case i would try superglue the snapped/torn part back where it came out of.

Edited by Gravity

Reusable cable ties. You get them at builders in packs of 10, dark green. Looks like the attached picture. They are a soft rubber so wont scratch, and slightly stretchable so your light wont move around.

I broke the GoPro attachment on my handlebars and one of these is strong enough to hold that nicely in place.  Also have kept lights in place on the bike handlebars, used them to keep the bike wheels in place on the Thule bike rack when I lost one of those straps, and in emergencies used them to hold luggage in place on the motorbike.

post-1066-0-11570000-1500450790_thumb.jpg

Could be a Blackburn light and the spiral has been damaged/bust?

May even b a Cateye.  Have pieces for both.

Use an epoxy for the repair if it is possible to repair.

Superglue is a hobbyist adhesive and will not take the strain.

Reusable cable ties. You get them at builders in packs of 10, dark green. Looks like the attached picture. They are a soft rubber so wont scratch, and slightly stretchable so your light wont move around.

this!!! I didn't know they existed. I'm gonna go look for them. Thanks :D 

What light is it from?

One of the lensor ones. the strap bit is attached on both ends to the mount which around the bar - and the one end has pulled out of the mount. My faith in epoxy is not that high :D 

I'll try the reusable cable ties option thanks though.