Is campag better than shimano?

Buddah

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shimano wares out, but Campag wares in!!!<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Guest Michelle

My current bike has Shimano Dura Ace, my previous bike had Campag Centaur.  My opinion... Campag is smoother & quieter.

Buddah

Hmmmm, this is topic as all has said already is much the same as the Look versus Time debate.

Both are excellent products.......and I reckon the best deal is to get a Pro Shimano persosn bike...take it for a spin and then to do the same with a Campag bike......and then decide.

Me again is the oposite of Michelle......My Dura Ace feels as if the shifting is smooter and faster........but it has to do with my Mechanic that works on my bike as well......Been to Shimano in Japan for training so he knows how to set it up.....

Keep us posted on what you decide :)

Happy cycling

That's like asking is pepsi better than coke. Once you decide how big your overdraft or whatever is, it becomes a matter of personal preference.

TNT12006-10-11 01:03:02

Matter of preferance. Campy have a weight preference and so can use this against any warranty claim you have. Ask yourself, do i want to ride with components that can break or not  

Magnified stresses and loads caused by a "heavy" rider, coupled with forces from an uneven road surface, greatly shorten the lifespan of Campagnolo products, especially if your bicycle is equipped with tires, wheels, or stiff frames that are poor at absorbing shocks and vibrations.
The weight of the rider, type of bike and the style and conditions of use are all critical factors affecting the lifespan of your product.
Technical knowledge, experience, common sense, and prudence are required. If you weigh 80 kg or more, you must be especially vigilant and have your bicycle inspected regularly for any evidence of cracks, deformation, or other signs of fatigue or stress. Check with your mechanic to discuss whether the components you selected are suitable for your use, and to determine the frequency of inspections.

I've got Dura ace on my bike now. Before that I had campag. No contest campag wins hands down! Its got more confident shifting, it lasts forever, it looks good and well its Italian....Cool

Irrespective of what you decide - the Shimano's are cheaper to replace and maintain on a like-for-like basis. Do yourself a favour - find out what a Ultegra and Chorus chain and cluster will cost.