[Event] Ladismith Cheese 7weekspoort MTB Challenge

Dryland Event Management

There are some jeep track and singe track in the beginning of the race. Nothing too technical.

The majority of the race will suit a gravel bike

Awesome race with the best refreshments / water point 

Edited by kjind

There are some jeep track and singe track in the beginning of the race. Nothing too technical.

The majority of the race will suit a gravel bike

Awesome race with the best refreshments / water point 

Thanks for the input.

I will also just find out from the race organisers if Gravel Bikes are permitted, because you never know  :ph34r:

As for flowing single track, ie. no big rock gardens or drops, I can manage quite easy with the gravel bike through all this and then have a lekker beast at my disposal on the open roads.

Happy to hear I can pack light in terms of what snacks I stuff down my back pocket

Thanks for the input.

I will also just find out from the race organisers if Gravel Bikes are permitted, because you never know  :ph34r:

As for flowing single track, ie. no big rock gardens or drops, I can manage quite easy with the gravel bike through all this and then have a lekker beast at my disposal on the open roads.

Happy to hear I can pack light in terms of what snacks I stuff down my back pocket

The singletrack is not technical at all, mostly footpaths or animal trails. Im certain its very doable on a gravel bike but sometimes the road surface through the pass is not that great and together with the jeeptrack I'm not entirely sure a gravel bike will have that much of an advantage. But worth a shot?

The singletrack is not technical at all, mostly footpaths or animal trails. Im certain its very doable on a gravel bike but sometimes the road surface through the pass is not that great and together with the jeeptrack I'm not entirely sure a gravel bike will have that much of an advantage. But worth a shot?

Thanks. More food for thought.

I am not under any illusion of coming in under the top 15-20% of riders.

Maybe just have a lekker personal "fast race".

Thanks. More food for thought.

I am not under any illusion of coming in under the top 15-20% of riders.

Maybe just have a lekker personal "fast race".

Its not a technical race by any stretch of the imagination but also not exactly a gravel grind. I would say worth a try on the gravel bike if you have that itch to scratch. 

So, I have received some feedback from the event organisers...

Gravel bikes are allowed at the race.

Interesting side note:

They are only aware of 1 rider who has done the race on a gravel bike in the events' history.

Do I take that as a sign that I rather ride my mtb or do I become nr 2  :whistling:

• 5 months later...