Has anyone used bike-discount.de?

feister

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a trainer from them but I am a little wary and was hoping someone else has used them recently. It's a lot of money so I just want to make sure.

Their products are very well priced, the trainer I'm looking at is at least R2k cheaper than anyone else in SA.

Thanks

Feister

www.bike-discount.de

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also wanting to purchase from them.

Do not answer my mails so I am a tad worried.

I will follow this with interest.

Dude, that's like asking if anyone has used CRC. They're 100% legit and a massive online retailer here in Western Europe. 

Just check your shipping options and what the landed cost for your goods will be. 

Yep. No problem. Just takes a while to get here as they hand the stuff off to SAPO when it arrives here. 

There Sir, lies the problem.  They are not interested in a direct courier.

Aramex global shopper. German / French drop address. Done. 

Anybody got an online tutorial on using this specifically for our international stores? Thinking of those who aren't as technologically inclined as the rest of us...

Aramex global shopper. German / French drop address. Done. 

The problem with this is that you pay the German VAT (19%) and then also the SA VAT when it gets here, so will end up costing a lot more.

But from a shipping perspective, it's definitely faster and safer.

The problem with this is that you pay the German VAT (19%) and then also the SA VAT when it gets here, so will end up costing a lot more.

But from a shipping perspective, it's definitely faster and safer.

yeah, trying to think of a way around that.... French address / UK address / whatever... 

If anybody is buying from them and would like to split costs. let me know as there is something there I need/want.

Thanks

Anybody got an online tutorial on using this specifically for our international stores? Thinking of those who aren't as technologically inclined as the rest of us...

Me too!!!!

If anybody is buying from them and would like to split costs. let me know as there is something there I need/want.

Thanks

Fixed it for you......

There Sir, lies the problem.  They are not interested in a direct courier.

I have used them with and shipping via SAPO

I have 4 orders from CRC over the last year, all shipped via SAPO

I have used AliExpress, 81 orders over the last 18 months, all shipped via SAPO,

I have never (should I touch a piece of wood?) not received a packaged. Yes it takes a bit longer, usually because there is not this nagging representative (ie courier) pushing it through at the SARS desk at the various international mail hubs, but otherwise fully tracked and in good order.

Plus you save a lot not only for shipping but also for clearing. SAPO charges between R20 - R50 for international clearing, the couriers are 3 - 5 times more than this, regardless of value.

Thanks

Humm.... now that's tempting. 

R5700 for Full eagle GX.... R1200 off the brakes I want.