Training room setup

I have an outside room at my house that i want to convert into an area for indoor training (yes permission has been granted from the Mrs). So this is a different kind of build. What would you do if you had a dedicated room? If you already have one pictures would be cool to see. But I am looking for ideas/thoughts. My list to start:

Rubber flooring (NEED TO FIND)

Gaming pc for Zwift (NEED TO FIND/BUILD)

All current gear

Good fan.

I will post pictures of the room as I go.

Edited by mtgoat

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an outside room at my house that i want to convert into an area for indoor training (yes permission has been granted from the Mrs). So this is a different kind of build. What would you do if you had a dedicated room? If you already have one pictures would be cool to see. But I am looking for ideas/thoughts. My list to start:

Rubber flooring (NEED TO FIND) Builders Warehouse

Gaming pc for Zwift (NEED TO FIND/BUILD) Normal Laptop with HDMI to small TV

All current gear

Good fan. Get two

enjoy the build.

All current gear

Good fan.

Sounds like a cool project

Keep us updated

All current gear

Good fan.

Get rubber flooring from lock floors. did my whole garage (3 x 6 m ) with 500x 500 x 5mm tiles for 3500 delivery from JHB to CPT included. (2 years ago)

http://lockfloors.co.za/?gclid=CNrZoPGuq9UCFQ4TGwod2kQHdg

Aircon

Fans will have to do at this time. Smart trainer before aircon, room before smart trainer

mmm i don't think you need a gaming PC for zwift, You can make it work on something WAYYYY cheaper, 

• Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo
  • Memory: 4GB
  • Graphics: 1GB dedicated GPU, or embedded Intel HD 4000/AMD R5 
  • Hard Drive: 4GB of free space

This is the minimum requirements for Zwift, Maybe looking at R3k so spend the rest of the cash on a nic BEEEEG TV and a super sound system to gooi Metalica when slamming that interval

and a then with the change you can afford a BKOOL indoor trainer :whistling:  

Edited by ASG

I would insulate the walls and ceiling properly as well (something like Isoboard).

You also need a zink / prepbowl

If you must have rubber floors - fine ones you can clean easily with a mop - those bumps are terrible to clean - always looks half clean.... perhaps a smooth vinyl floor or tile would be  better.

And you need a decent sound setup... and good wifi.... perhaps more than 1 fan as well.