Any hacks for damaged Garmin Prem. HR strap?

MTBc

My Garmin prem HRM is reporting about half the rate that i suspect my heart is really doing (or I suddenly become super fit). I've replaced battery but still getting inconsistent reading and suspect it's due to the strap perishing.  Wondering if there's any hack for it that would work (e.g. duct tape?)

post-16445-0-84443200-1501489300_thumb.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If its busted the you can replace with a Polar soft strap. Click the Garmin sensor to it.

The only thing you got to do is trim the rubber bits where the sensor click on to as the polar sensor is a bit different.

I use a polar strap with the garmin sensor - It works a bit better than the garmin strap also. :thumbup:

If its busted the you can replace with a Polar soft strap. Click the Garmin sensor to it.

The only thing you got to do is trim the rubber bits where the sensor click on to as the polar sensor is a bit different.

I use a polar strap with the garmin sensor - It works a bit better than the garmin strap also. :thumbup:

I think DCRainmaker did this too as the Polar straps are superior to Garmin ones. Before offloading cash though, make sure all the contacts are clean and devoid of gunk and salt.

awesome solution, didn't even think of this. I have a polar strap lying around (the watch broke and the strap is lying around unused). thanks!

Will try the Navworld route too, i popped them a q on the chat on their site and am waiting for a response.

Take it to Navworld, if you are lucky they will replace it for you free of charge.

Truth that - I have had similar experience also - or you get discounted new item.

awesome solution, didn't even think of this. I have a polar strap lying around (the watch broke and the strap is lying around unused). thanks!

Will try the Navworld route too, i popped them a q on the chat on their site and am waiting for a response.

Replies are not their strong suit I waited very long for response - rather go there if you can they sorted me immediately once I went there.

listen to this guy

went through 2 very expensive garmin straps and eventually found this hack. The polar strap is half the price and lasts a lot longer than the garmin strap and I find it more comfortable as well.

Replies are not their strong suit I waited very long for response - rather go there if you can they sorted me immediately once I went there.

Have only ever been to NavWorld twice in the last 5 years(first time when they where in honeydew). Both times ended up leaving with replacement units. Have been a garmin customer for over 10 years now so that's not bad at all. With my EDGE I have only paid full price once and am now on my 3rd one.

Cut the strap between the 2 connector points.

Trim each side slightly so they don't touch

Problem sorted.

The sweat is causing the material to conduct which is causing issues then with the sensor.

Have been using mine for over the month with no issues.

I had the same experience with HR, either not present or very low.

I washed the strap as per recommendation but it only helped for a ride or 2 then back to the same issue.

Search the internet for a few days until I got this and it works.

Problem sorted.

The sweat is causing the material to conduct which is causing issues then with the sensor.

I washed the strap as per recommendation but it only helped for a ride or 2 then back to the same issue.

Yip, after trying just about everything I also went that route and to my surprise it works like a bomb. 

Yip, after trying just about everything I also went that route and to my surprise it works like a bomb. 

Sorry do you have photos of what you cut?

Problem sorted.

post-7006-0-66507200-1501507197_thumb.jpg

I cut mine in the same way and did not solve my problem 100% - Polar strap for R360 sportsmanswarehouse - wash it after every use and you good to go, I am now going for 5 years with my polar strap, zero issues.