Does anyone know Quinton van Wyngaardt?

Schnavel

At least he has the decency to let the users know it contains banned substances. Wonder what is in there that's banned?

But besides that, the stuff just looks dodge.

Am I alone.... in wondering if it is legal to advertise and sell products with banned ingredients?

#whathappenedtosociety

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Schnavel, I only picked up on this now so sorry to hear about your misfortune. I see that Quinton was last on here in May with his logged on name which doesn't mean much if he really is trying to dodge you, as he is quite possibly monitoring this very thread incognito.

I know its a schlep but I think you should drag his ass through the small claims court. Given your story and the fact that he has a fixed address and business I am certain they will find in your favor. You have proof of payment through your eft and the eft payment that you made regarding shipping along with your several attempts to contact him, they may even award costs. Don't let him get away with this as has been experienced by so many of us honest Hubbers such as yourself (as I remember from previous transactions both ways) these scammers more then often don't just commit these scams as a once off, but usually are or become serial scammers. The only way that they can get away with ripping us off is because we eventually give up or lose interest, I urge you to not let this happen. His next innocent victim will fall prey to his dishonesty because you have let this slide. you have myself and many other Hubbers on your side here, use that to your best advantage. Let us know how we can best support you.

Remember This:

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Only if the substance is actually illegal. Banned by WADA means about as much to our authorities as it does to Lance.

Im sure you meant as LAnce did.

In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The police, who investigate crime, and the district attorneys, who prosecute the offenders.

These are their stories

Any luck yet with this skelm?

• 2 weeks later...

Surprisingly, yes! :clap:

I sent him the link to the thread and three days later I got a photo of the waybill...

Thanks to anyone here who spoke to the guy, really appreciate it.

Brillant

May the Hub be with you....

• 2 weeks later...

But have you received the goods yet?

Yup, collected them from Postnet yesterday.

They are so dusty - not sure how anyone could send items without at least cleaning them, but that may be due to the fact that he held onto them for so long...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Hubland, 

As the title suggests, does anyone know Quinton van Wyngaardt?

I purchased some tools (torque wrench, BB30 bearing puller etc.) from him in April for R1500. I paid him via EFT and he confirmed that he received the money. I was meant to collect from Pretoria where he lives (I'm based in Joburg), but life happened (work, family etc.) and I never got a chance to go through and collect.

I contacted him in May to say that I wasn't going to get a chance to collect, and would he please post via Postnet. He agreed and I paid him an additional R100 to cover the costs.

Since then, he has been promising to post the tools, but nothing has been shipped. I even sent him my banking details the other day in order to for him to refund me should he not want to post the tools - no luck.

I have been messaging him and calling him over the past 4 weeks now and he never gets back to me.

If anyone here knows him, please can you contact him and find out what is going on? Maybe just give him a word or two of advice so that this entire mess can be cleared up.

*edit: spelling and grammar

:clap: goods Received lekker 

Edited by B A Z A