Braai etiket...

MJ the Expat

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pics or it didn't happen

Actually wasn't the best looking meal... And since, when it comes to braai's in my house, my wife sits back and I do everything I was too busy to take photo's... Although I have one of the sarmie, will that do? :P

I'm interested to know how the ribs were. I've never tried any venison ribs. Was always worried that it would not be fat / moist enough.

Really nice, but not in a traditional ribs-at-the-steakhouse type of way where you'd pick a rib at a time and eat it... The ribs are obviously very thin with zero fat.  Boiling them I think was a good call and I may have overdone the boiling as some of the thinner meat fell off.  But after smoking the meat was still super tender and falling off the bone. Quite a strong gamey taste, so may not be to everyone's liking.

Previously, I tried pot roasted the ribs with veg...  That was nice but I preferred them smoked, just added another dimension to it.  And pulling the meat off and mixing with the gravy was, IMHO, a move of leftover usage genius... :D  

Actually wasn't the best looking meal... And since, when it comes to braai's in my house, my wife sits back and I do everything I was too busy to take photo's... Although I have one of the sarmie, will that do? [emoji14]

Really nice, but not in a traditional ribs-at-the-steakhouse type of way where you'd pick a rib at a time and eat it... The ribs are obviously very thin with zero fat. Boiling them I think was a good call and I may have overdone the boiling as some of the thinner meat fell off. But after smoking the meat was still super tender and falling off the bone. Quite a strong gamey taste, so may not be to everyone's liking.

Previously, I tried pot roasted the ribs with veg... That was nice but I preferred them smoked, just added another dimension to it. And pulling the meat off and mixing with the gravy was, IMHO, a move of leftover usage genius... :D

When it comes to braai's at my house, my wife sits back as well, but I do everything AND take photos. It's the same when I cook dinner or a Sunday breakfast [emoji123][emoji109][emoji14][emoji51]

As long as it's tasty, it doesn't really matter what the meal looks like.

• 3 weeks later...

Any suggestions for a braai this weekend? Need new ideas.

Please post your last braai pics here.

From my side, I haven't braai'ed since Heritage Day, but bought some braai vleis the other day for our next braai.

What haven't you braai'ed yet?

Here's a few ideas, if you haven't braai'ed any of the following yet:

https://www.food24.com/Recipes-and-Menus/Braai-day-Recipes/20-most-popular-braai-recipes-of-2017-20171212

https://crushmag-online.com/best-braai-recipes/

From my side, I haven't braai'ed since Heritage Day, but bought some braai vleis the other day for our next braai.

What haven't you braai'ed yet?

Here's a few ideas, if you haven't braai'ed any of the following yet:

https://www.food24.com/Recipes-and-Menus/Braai-day-Recipes/20-most-popular-braai-recipes-of-2017-20171212

https://crushmag-online.com/best-braai-recipes/

Nice recipes in there, peri peri lollipops sound awesome

No but on some fit programme on the hub battling to reduce weight

.yeah, which isn't going great. Stress levels sky high through this year. Excuse, yeah. But faark me, I see it every day.