Braai etiket...

MJ the Expat

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to replace the bottom vent control on my Weber, mainly because I want to experiment with the snake method. When I googled it I noticed that it is called a cleaner system. Added to this a mate i told about the Snake method tried it without the bottom controls, using only the vents on the top, apparently worked well.

So do I need to replace the bottom section or is there sufficient control just using the top vents?

I need to replace the bottom vent control on my Weber, mainly because I want to experiment with the snake method. When I googled it I noticed that it is called a cleaner system. Added to this a mate i told about the Snake method tried it without the bottom controls, using only the vents on the top, apparently worked well.

So do I need to replace the bottom section or is there sufficient control just using the top vents?

depends how much control you want. I've found that there is far more control with both present. Managed to get a solid 120deg for ~5 hours on the snake, with the bottom and top vents eeeever so slightly open. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Went to visit my sister for a few days so she could show me how to braai.

What is that? Looks amazing.

Went to visit my sister for a few days so she could show me how to braai.

So many ways to braai, apart from just cooking the meat on the grill, which is what I do 100% of the time when I braai.

With that said, you can't go wrong with pork. Pig always tastes good, whether you're braaing it, frying it, or cooking it in the oven.