11 Speed Crankset with 10 Speed Groupset

Mintman

I've got a 1x10 setup with 32T upfront, XT rear derailleur,  XT shifter, and a Praxis wide range cassette (11-40).

I'm thinking of upgrading my current Shimano Deore crankset to the new SLX M7000 11 speed crankset with 32T.

Basically, I can't afford a complete 11 speed upgrade right now so I'm just considering the crankset for the time being. My current one has seen better days.

Is this possible?

Cheers

Oh! But while you're there, why not save some cash and replace it with a Lyne Components crankset? I think they're 1600 for crank, narrow wide chainring of your choice and a new BB. Can even choose boost or non boost. Really great cranks. And lighter than SLX if I'm not mistaken.

Oh! But while you're there, why not save some cash and replace it with a Lyne Components crankset? I think they're 1600 for crank, narrow wide chainring of your choice and a new BB. Can even choose boost or non boost. Really great cranks. And lighter than SLX if I'm not mistaken.

That's a good idea. I just saw a new SLX crankset going for R1500. Looks really nice. But I've heard great things about Lyne Components. Will check that out. Thanks!

Whats does this mean?