Please help a preemie

2bliss

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: Baby girl's O2 sats dropped.  Back on ventilator from high-flow O2.  Either has an infection or her red blood cells are depleted for some reason.  A scan also revealed a Grade 1 brain bleed.  Tests under way, but she is in critical condition.

Oh please, she cannot die too. 

Update: Baby girl's O2 sats dropped.  Back on ventilator from high-flow O2.  Either has an infection or her red blood cells are depleted for some reason.  A scan also revealed a Grade 1 brain bleed.  Tests under way, but she is in critical condition.

Oh please, she cannot die too.

life is just not fair sometimes..come on little girl hubland is rooting for you.

The little one received a blood transfusion during the night and her colour is better.  She is still on the mechanical ventilator though.  A tiny step in the right direction for which we are grateful.

Dear Hubbers, I am well aware that most of you do not know me from Adam, but BogusOne, WR 1.0 and SilverRider can vouch for this cause.  If you are wondering why I'm not naming the parents or posting pictures, it is because they wish to remain anonymous and not have their pain and anguish splashed across the internet.

However, expenses are piling up and I'm asking, please, if any of you are in a position to donate any of the following items, it would be very much appreciated:

- Huggies Preemie nappies (the only brand they've found to be adjustable enough to fit);

- Avent breastmilk storage bags;

- Baby wipes for sensitive skin;

- Bum cream;

- Baby top to toe wash;

- Baby aqueous cream; and

- Any financial contribution, however small, will help with the rent of a small apartment close to the hospital.

I know this is asking a lot, but please help.

So sad !  :(

RIP to the one, and praying for the other.

PS - any hubber near the hospital that could possibly assist the family with accommodation ?

PS - any hubber near the hospital that could possibly assist the family with accommodation ?

AFAIK they are already renting a small furnished studio apartment.  Not sure what the terms are with regards to termination of lease.

You guys are awesome! :clap:   All your prayers and good karma are working.  Lung function has improved. No infection.  Feeding has been increased to 9 ml milk per hour.  Baby K is more active overall too.  She is a teeny 1 kg miracle.

Thank you also for the donations received thus far. 

Good to hear that she is improving. I can't imagine the pain of their loss. My heart goes out to them. I so hope that she continues to thrive.

You guys are awesome! :clap: All your prayers and good karma are working. Lung function has improved. No infection. Feeding has been increased to 9 ml milk per hour. Baby K is more active overall too. She is a teeny 1 kg miracle.

Thank you also for the donations received thus far.

Now this is great news first thing in the morning

Mum has agreed to share some pictures with all you beautiful people. This is baby Karmi.

Beautiful little girl.

Keep fighting sweetheart.

Did I miss the banking details? If financial help is welcomed we need where to send it to.