Please help a preemie

2bliss

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the updates on little Karmi.

I so feel for that poor Mum. Our preemie situation was no where near as bad but I still recall the emotions of sitting next to an incubator with your very tiny baby full of tubes and all you can do is will them to fight and tell them how much you love them.

Please keep us posted.

There is always hope..it will be a long tough journey to be taken day by day.

I have a friend who's daughter was born at 25 weeks weighing in at 720g..today she is a healthy 5 year old that has the world wrapped around her finger. There should be a support group of preemie parents in CT, I remember her mentioning something like that..if you like I could find out for you?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Edited by Gen

There should be a support group of preemie parents in CT, I remember her mentioning something like that..if you like I could find out for you?

Great idea! :thumbup:  I'll search for such a group in the Fourways (Gauteng) area.

Today is the baby shower. :) The twins were born before the date it was originally planned for. Let's hope Karmi gets some much needed items as gifts and that the distraction will help mom relax for a short while.

EDIT: Thoughts with her dad as he is on cribside duty alone today.

Edited by 2bliss

Today is the baby shower. :) The twins were born before the date it was originally planned for. Let's hope Karmi gets some much needed items as gifts and that the distraction will help mom relax for a short while.

EDIT: Thoughts with her dad as he is on cribside duty alone today.

He's not alone- a lot of hubbers are there in spirit hoping the little one pulls through!

Just spent 3 hours at a kids birthday party.

What an absolute privaledge to have a kid and to be part of their lives .... not so much fun when they push the boundaries, but the good times still FAR outway everything !

May this little one grow up to be a positive force for her parents.

Praying for this family and the little one. We are expecting our first born next week friday. My wife just made a small donation. God bless

Thank you very much!  Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your first born.  May he/she bring you a lot of joy :)

More good news! :clap:  Karmi is stable now with 24% oxygen.  They are slowly and carefully trying to wean her off the mechanical ventilator.  Seems as though that tiny body is kicking some pneumonia butt!

EDIT: PS: The price of the Graco twin travel system has been reduced from R6000 to R5000.  It is in Fourways, Gauteng.

Edited by 2bliss

Ready for yet more good news???  :w00t:

Karmi now weighs 1.1kg!  They are readying her for transfer from the mechanical ventilator.  She is finishing up her last bag of parenteral cocktail (IV food), as her little tummy is now successfully digesting enough milk (13 ml per hour) for growth.

They are still waiting for the culture results, chest X-rays to see how pneumonia is clearing, scans to check on the brain bleed and to see if the hole in her heart has closed yet.

I really do hope there are no more big scares from now on!

Ready for yet more good news??? :w00t:

Karmi now weighs 1.1kg! They are readying her for transfer from the mechanical ventilator. She is finishing up her last bag of parenteral cocktail (IV food), as her little tummy is now successfully digesting enough milk (13 ml per hour) for growth.

They are still waiting for the culture results, chest X-rays to see how pneumonia is clearing, scans to check on the brain bleed and to see if the hole in her heart has closed yet.

I really do hope there are no more big scares from now on!

That is great news! ????????????

Karmi's mother:

(I'm sorry, this is in Afrikaans and I don't really know how to translate it due to the element of poetry.)

"My hart ry wipplank. Vandag is ons harte in die hemel, waar sterre bollemakiesies slaan, daar speel ons met ons hemelkind Albertus. Net om weer minute later langs sussie Karmi se ICU plastiekhokkie te staan en soebat by die Here. Soebat dat God haar asb vir ons aardse bestaan moet spaar.

My Karmi vegter, met haar 1kg lyfie, moet nou longontsteking baklei, sy is terug op 'Darth Vader' suurstof masjien en hooflyn drippie moes gister deur 'n sjirurg se kennerhand van links na regs geskuif word. Hul probeer nog infeksie-kiem vasstel.

Ons bly biddend en loof ons hemelse pa vir die magdom ondersteuning. Vreemdelinge, vriende, familie en sommer net die sekuriteitswag by die ICU deur. Almal bid vir Karmi. Elke intreding vir haar en ons dra ons dag en nag. Dankie is te klein.

Ek sing gereeld vir Karmi: 'Karmi is nie 'n stap soldaatjie nie... Karmi is Jesus se soldaatjie, ja meneer.'"

En daar tjank ek...