Please help a preemie

2bliss

Karmi continues to improve. She sleeps well, has a healthy appetite and is growing at a good rate at last. Dad had another turn at kangaroo care today. Ouch! His chest hair is probably thinning rapidly! :D The doc says, barring any complications, Bunny can go home when she reaches 2kg. I find that surprising as full-term newborns usually weigh quite a bit more than that. Tomorrow is weigh-day. Holding my breath to see how much she has grown.

What follows is in Afrikaans, and I apologise to those who don't understand, but it is something Karmi's mum wrote:

So nice reading good news in the morning!

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Daily update: Bunny has gained 80g since Wednesday, which makes 120g for the week. She now weighs 1.52kg. :clap: She has had her second real bath and especially enjoys stretching whilst being dressed. She is a little angel and rarely cries.

Awesome Nicole , that's fantastic.

Daily update: Karmi continues to surprise. She is really doing well. Her fortified milk has been increased to 30ml per feed. The doc says they can start trying bottle feeding next week. It may be tricky, because some preemies "forget" to breath when drinking from a bottle. Also her mouth is so small... eish... we'll have to see how it goes. Would be great if it works, because then they will be able to ditch the feeding tube she keeps pulling out.

Feels good to be part of this community...

awesome news re Karmi....

keep fighting little one.....

And keep the updates coming... ????

Daily update: Karmi continues to surprise. She is really doing well. Her fortified milk has been increased to 30ml per feed. The doc says they can start trying bottle feeding next week. It may be tricky, because some preemies "forget" to breath when drinking from a bottle. Also her mouth is so small... eish... we'll have to see how it goes. Would be great if it works, because then they will be able to ditch the feeding tube she keeps pulling out.

2Bliss I am suffering from withdrawal symptoms. But as they say no news is good news. Any update would be fantastic