Contador to Retire

shaper

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a big fan, I'll be sorry to see him leave, in my opinion he was the best grand tour racer of this era, maybe ever, it hasn't all been plain sailing for sure, from crashing badly early in his career and requiring steel plates in his skull, to Lance and Johan Bruyneel trying to strong arm him out of a victory, to his controversial banning, but through it all he was always upbeat, always positive, never disparaging, always did his best, always tried to make it exciting and never got involved in distasteful arguments.

Grand tours will be poorer for his exit thats for sure. 

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

I am a big fan, I'll be sorry to see him leave, in my opinion he was the best grand tour racer of this era, maybe ever, it hasn't all been plain sailing for sure, from crashing badly early in his career and requiring steel plates in his skull, to Lance and Johan Bruyneel trying to strong arm him out of a victory, to his controversial banning, but through it all he was always upbeat, always positive, never disparaging, always did his best, always tried to make it exciting and never got involved in distasteful arguments.

Well said GOG!

The most exciting rider, every pedal stroke of AC was worth watching. He will be missed.

Well said GOG!

The most exciting rider, every pedal stroke of AC was worth watching. He will be missed.

Funny how our opinions can differ so much... all I see is a pathetic little wimp who cheated and never manned up to his poor life choices... won't miss him in the slightest. 

Each to their own though 

Funny how our opinions can differ so much... all I see is a pathetic little wimp who cheated and never manned up to his poor life choices... won't miss him in the slightest. 

Each to their own though 

How many Grand Tour Victories did he bag? (excluding the 2 that were taken away)

not boggling at all, Lance was a D005 about it. When he fell, he fell hard.

Just like Hansie Cronje. He took the blame for all the other big Do5e who did the same. By the way, I consider Hansie to be one of the best to ever play the game. Apologies to the purists and agro's on the forum if I'm considered to go 'off topic'.

On that i can agree!

As for the rest, i believe he comes from a cycling culture where they know how to play the game and how not to ruffle the feathers (unlike my tjom LA).

This "quiet" behaviour boosted his popularity, but does it make him better or more devious than the other cheat?

Still waters run deep in this one, just ask Dr. Fuentes.

Each to their own though 

Years from now all the secrets of Sky will be revealed and then you'll say the same about Froome!

Years from now all the secrets of Sky will be revealed and then you'll say the same about Froome!

We should only deal with facts. And the only fact here is that Contador tested positive and was suspended and stripped of titles as a result. Therefore his record is forever blemished.  

Speculation about what might in future be revealed about Sky or any other team or individual serves no useful function.

We should only deal with facts. And the only fact here is that Contador tested positive and was suspended and stripped of titles as a result. Therefore his record is forever blemished.  

Speculation about what might in future be revealed about Sky or any other team or individual serves no useful function.

Well then I should rephrase.. whatever Sky management is feeding their rider's must be pretty good. I mean in the history of the sport never has another team almost had 4 rider's in the GC of TDF .

Isn't the whole doping argument made that people respond differently to substances? Must have made a difference if he risked taking it. And again, can't have done it all on his lonesome. Many people involved and lying on his behalf.

Comparing Clen (a weight loss pill) to EPO or blood transfusions is idiotic.

F Y f* #ck ing I

Well then I should rephrase.. whatever Sky management is feeding their rider's must be pretty good. I mean in the history of the sport never has another team almost had 4 rider's in the GC of TDF .

Or maybe they can just afford to buy good riders.