[Event] Coronation Double Century 2017

06rush

Event Name: Coronation Double Century 2017
When: 25 November 2017
Where: Swellendam, Western Cape
Category: Road

The Coronation Double Century is an annual, 202 kilometre team cycle race that is limited to 250 teams, and takes place on 25 November 2017.

Participating teams can again look forward to starting and finishing in the picturesque town of Swellendam in the Western Cape. The familiar route will also see competing teams complete the most challenging climbs (the Tradouw Pass and Op de Tradouw) within the first 60 kilometres of the race.

From Swellendam, cyclists follow the R324 through Suurbraak and over Tradouw Pass towards Barrydale. A left turn onto the R62 leads them to the challenging 7 kilometre Op de Tradouw stretch, before making their way to Montagu. The route then snakes through Cogmanskloof towards Ashton and Robertson, before winding left onto the R317 towards Bonnievale, and finishing in Swellendam.

The cycling equivalent of an ultra-marathon, the Coronation Double Century is more than just a cycle race and all about camaraderie and team spirit. Above all, it is a hard race and participants need to have put in the necessary training to finish in comfort. Teams must reach the finish by 16h30 and there will be cut-off points along the route.

Go to Event Page

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

As per last year, it's likely that entries will only open at the end of August, but the event date has been confirmed for the 25th November 2017.

So therefore, more than enough time to train for the event .. assuming you actually get an entry :-)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Its not this week. 

They just working out how best to explain the DC race and adventure being on different days... 

Are they splitting it?

OHGAAAWWWWDDD, this mean there will be a whole category of ex-golfer who go out to try and win the Adventure, on knobblies or something.

Its not this week. 

They just working out how best to explain the DC race and adventure being on different days... 

post-11806-0-12391900-1501758264.jpg

If I was them I would do this, they are over subscribed by double... 

You could have the race on Saturday and the adventure on Sunday. Some people may even end up doing both.

Their mission statement is to make as much money as possible for charity, so why not :P

There is more chance of us wearing secret socks than this happening this year...

attachicon.gif092bf011747443e6883be89e7c69e85d.jpg

If I was them I would do this, they are over subscribed by double... 

You could have the race on Saturday and the adventure on Sunday. Some people may even end up doing both.

Their mission statement is to make as much money as possible for charity, so why not :P

There is more chance of us wearing secret Versus socks than this happening this year...