[Event] Coronation Double Century 2017

06rush

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge thanks to team mad macs / häzz coffee for letting us chill in their van and for feeding us (Coro racing A) after our support vehicle never made it to the 2nd feed zone. That saved our asses big time. Those vegan superbars are pretty rad too.

That's a special courtesy wow ????????

202kms is easy - 202kms behind a young Dimension Data rider is anything but!

its nearly Monday night (its still light in the cape at 19H30), where is your ride report ?

ppppppppppllllllllllllssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!! :blush:

How do you get back to your car??

Mine was a small bit over to make up for 4 years of picnics and neutral zones! :P

After 400kms all earthly possessions seem irrelevant and we didn't quite care what happened to our cars ;)

its nearly Monday night (its still light in the cape at 19H30), where is your ride report ?

ppppppppppllllllllllllssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!! :blush:

My race report is going to go something like this:

1. Start

2. Stare at the bum in front of me while chewing bar tape everytime Nic Dlamini was anywhere near the front.

3. Pretend to take a turn on the front, but I was actually too shattered from Nic's 5 minute motorpace session that I was actually recovering while on the front

4. Repeat 2 and 3 about 15 times

5. Pop spectacularly

6. Ponder the meaning of life and what series of bad life decisions had brought me to this point

7. Water point 1

8. Repeat 2 and 3 about 10 times, but this time there was no popping as I was number 6

9. Water point 2

10. Pop again - about 2kms out of the water point

11. Make a million deals with the muscles in my legs if they could just get me to the finish and not wage a violent war whenever I tried to pedal

12. Curse any uphill, no matter the gradient

13. Repeat 11 about 37 times

14. Finish, vowing to race in a mixed team next year!

(15. Two days later start thinking about doing it all again next year!) 

After 400kms all earthly possessions seem irrelevant and we didn't quite care what happened to our cars ;)

1. Start

2. Stare at the bum in front of me while chewing bar tape everytime Nic Dlamini was anywhere near the front.

3. Pretend to take a turn on the front, but I was actually too shattered from Nic's 5 minute motorpace session that I was actually recovering while on the front

5. Pop spectacularly

6. Ponder the meaning of life and what series of bad life decisions had brought me to this point

7. Water point 1

8. Repeat 2 and 3 about 10 times, but this time there was no popping as I was number 6

9. Water point 2

11. Make a million deals with the muscles in my legs if they could just get me to the finish and not wage a violent war whenever I tried to pedal

:clap:  :clap:

How does the Maluti Double 90 compare to the current DC? They only have one stop and the clock does not stop. I can remember doing the Maluti in late 80's and the climbs around Bethlehem are spectacular. Not sure if the scenery takes your breath away or the elevation. 

Edited by Cippo

1. Start

5. Pop spectacularly

7. Water point 1

9. Water point 2

with style .....

Congrats to all you hard men and women of the road.  :thumbup:

I wish I had the stamina to do this.

It is so easy to do if you hook up with a social team that know their limitations and go slow from the start. Our team did a 7:20 off mostly 1 formal 100 to 160 km weekend training ride an one or two short rides for about 3/4 months.

How does the Maluti Double 90 compare to the current DC? They only have one stop and the clock does not stop. I can remember doing the Maluti in late 80's and the climbs around Bethlehem are spectacular. Not sure if the scenery takes your breath away or the elevation. 

also a very nice race :thumbup:

Not as tough is DC (only a little bit) but should not be under estimated.

Golden Gate has beautiful scenery and a  " The Mine shaft" climb... :cursing:

1e03983d2dd3164a940e1597b76752a4.jpg

A savage DC..

Can I join please? Would even offer a "refreshment stop" around Gordon's Bay since I stay there haha

where do one find the pics taken by the photographers on route 

I was wondering the same thing just just second!  Plenty photographers around, must be some awesome pics