Inca Avalanche

So this race/event/trail festival has become something of a bucket list event, and it's in a bucket list place. I have been agitating on the hub intermittently for years promoting the riding in South America, so I've decided to put my money where my mouth is. I'll be going through next year (maybe to participate in the actual race, but mostly to enjoy the riding, atmosphere, and do some ground research for a project proposal I'm working on). My plan is to rent a house for a couple of weeks (one before, the week of the race/festival, and the week after). Dates for the racing are April 23-29th 2018. Will have about five lodging spaces available in the house but I have a number of contacts in the area who run hotels and B & B's so numbers aren't too much of an issue and most budgets can be accommodated   I have lived in Ollantaytambo and guided most of the trails in the area (some still on my bucket list and I'll be checking them off this time). So if any of you South African hubbers are keen to explore, ride insane trails and have some adventure (will be doing some hiking and trekking too, and of corse a run to Machu Picchu is obvious) check out the link (note there is also a hardtail category so its not just for gravity nuts) and respond.cool beans.

http://incaavalanche.com 

Edited by agentgreen

This is a awesome event , ended up in the village when touring peru . Rented a clapped out bike and hooked up with some of the most amazing locals and did the race .

Really recommend , I might be tempted to join again !

Ive got pics on my old phone , away for a month riding france and italy .... will post pics when back.

There was a american dude running a B&B arranging the race , very friendly and helpful.

Ive got pics on my old phone , away for a month riding france and italy .... will post pics when back.

There was a american dude running a B&B arranging the race , very friendly and helpful.

Ali or KB?