Chain Reaction delivery and duties

Reynardt Terblanche

I am not even the correct forum to post this in. I am looking at buying a Fox 32 shock from Chain Reaction. I see they deliver free, but who will be able to tell me what the customs duties and taxes will be on the item. After duties and taxes it might not be a good deal after all. Not sure how it is calculated. Or do you wait for the surprise when your parcel arrives? Reynardt

Ordered Thursday, DHL delivered yesterday.... yep on a Sunday as they were working to clear back orders!!

Use DHL. Sorts out 99.9% of all issues one can encounter when importing.

As for costs, have a look at the other thread referred to. But you're most likely in for VAT (15.4% if memory serves) and a handling fee, no duties should apply on a fork/shock.

I have been buying from CRC since 2012. Always used the free option and never waited longer than 3 weeks. On occasions got stuff within a week. DHL is obviously the best choice but I have never had an issue with either Wiggle or CRC and the free shipping. I have stopped buying shoes however due to the hefty duties on clothing.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys

The standard delivery option on CrC, does that go through the post office? Or is a courier service?

Thanks

Hi guys

The standard delivery option on CrC, does that go through the post office? Or is a courier service?

Thanks

Goes via SAPO and you will wait 2-3 months to get your order!

Use DHL if you want it sooner

Edited by shaper

Can't speak for everyone's experience, but CRC delivery came through in the 17th working day after dispatch, as per their agreement.

Did not receive all the parts ordered as they came from different CRC store rooms and were thus dispatched separately. Contacted CRC and they took 5 days to investigate and then gave me the option of money back or re-dispatch.

Love their service. Will definitely consider the DHL for stuff I am in a hurry for.

DHL is quicker but cant say i ever had a problem with free shipping either... Most recent purchase was in last month, took free shipping and was delivered to my door two weeks later by EMS... No mess no fuss.

It’s luck of the draw with free shipping I’m afraid. I ordered three bike racks and some odds and ends. The order was split into 4 packages. One rack was cancelled. One item was sent post office and the other 2 came in a week apart via DHL. Duties were 15.4% plus the R100 DHL per package. Note, this was not DHLs fault, CRC seems to be having issues with one of its warehouses.

That being said, customer support did say they have no control over how the items get sent with the free shipping option but it does look like larger items get sent DHL by default. YMMV.

No duty, only VAT on this side.

If you are not in a hurry CRC by royal & SA postage 10-14 days if no delays or strikes.

Otherwise go for reputuable corrier like DHL

I have been buying from CRC since 2012. Always used the free option and never waited longer than 3 weeks. On occasions got stuff within a week. DHL is obviously the best choice but I have never had an issue with either Wiggle or CRC and the free shipping. I have stopped buying shoes however due to the hefty duties on clothing.

same here. no issues at all with std shipping

If you get easily disappointed by counting down the (potential) days for package arrival and man cry when package doesn't arrive then DHL all the way.

If you are a non man crier then postal all the way.