Ridding Buddies Centrurion

TJ MTB

Looking for individuals interested in doing MTB rides in and around Centurion from time to time. For fun not to break records. Normally visit Big Red Barn in Centurion. If interested let me know TJ 0848459057 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for individuals interested in doing MTB rides in and around Centurion from time to time. For fun not to break records. Normally visit Big Red Barn in Centurion. If interested let me know TJ 0848459057 

If only it was road I would have joined you.

Hi TJ, I'm not based in Centurion anymore but still ride BRB fairly often. Will be there Saturday morning from around 06h30. This will be my first ride on the SS so will be very relaxed with many adjustment stops along the way.

Morning. What distance will you be riding.

Hi TJ, I'm not based in Centurion anymore but still ride BRB fairly often. Will be there Saturday morning from around 06h30. This will be my first ride on the SS so will be very relaxed with many adjustment stops along the way.

Hi TJ,

I'm also in Centurion and ride BRB every now and then, not very fit at the moment so going is slow.

Morning. What distance will you be riding.

I have absolutely no idea. Ideal will be around 30km-40km, however this will largely depend on how my first ride goes on the SS. Nice thing about BRB is that you can exit back to the main road and the barn easily so you're not stuck in the middle of nowhere. What distance are you looking at?

I have absolutely no idea. Ideal will be around 30km-40km, however this will largely depend on how my first ride goes on the SS. Nice thing about BRB is that you can exit back to the main road and the barn easily so you're not stuck in the middle of nowhere. What distance are you looking at?

Only started serious riding lately so not that fit yet.. I have done 25 - 30kms at BRB a few times at an average of about 16 kmph. Don't want to hold anyone back. But as you say lots of exit points

Hi TJ,

I'm also in Centurion and ride BRB every now and then, not very fit at the moment so going is slow.

Hi Chip. Still trying to get fitness up there to. What distance do you normally ride

Only started serious riding lately so not that fit yet.. I have done 25 - 30kms at BRB a few times at an average of about 16 kmph. Don't want to hold anyone back. But as you say lots of exit points

You're more than welcome to join, ride with until you're done/tired and catch a shortcut home, being my first time out on a full rigid SS I'm not expecting to do a major ride either. We are a bunch of friends that ride for the fun, rules are simple. Wait for each other every now and again (where the road splits etc), do not over reach when it comes to skill, have fun and don't be a d i c k.

You're more than welcome to join, ride with until you're done/tired and catch a shortcut home, being my first time out on a full rigid SS I'm not expecting to do a major ride either. We are a bunch of friends that ride for the fun, rules are simple. Wait for each other every now and again (where the road splits etc), do not over reach when it comes to skill, have fun and don't be a d i c k.

That sounds great Thank you. If I don't break any bones today I will join on Saturday at 6h30. How will I find you and I didn't catch your name.. My nr is 0848459057 TJ

That sounds great Thank you. If I don't break any bones today I will join on Saturday at 6h30. How will I find you and I didn't catch your name.. My nr is 0848459057 TJ

Will PM you my cell number. Also I will be parking on the left hand side under the big trees (parking on the side of the coffee shop not the side of the barn), in a silver chev 1.4 bakkie, I will be riding a white hard tail MTB.

• 3 weeks later...

I also go to the BRB when I go to PTA to visit friends. Will Pm you gents next time im there. Haven't really done a nice long ride there.

Hello,

I want to ask how harsh the single speed rigid is on the trails?

Thinking of building one now.

I live in Midrand btw

Hi Chrismaester. Funny enough not as harsh as one would think. I have a steel frame, apparently it's a bit more forgiving than alu or carbon but I cannot confirm or deny that. I find that I very quickly learn how to choose my lines with a lot more care. How tall are you? I'm 1.86 and ride a large, if you're close to my length you're welcome to come by and have a look at the bike or take it for a spin up the road (I'm not keen on dropping the seat height as I do not want to scratch the seat post :ph34r: ). I have a fairly nice climb with a fun little dirt section right in front of my house