[Event] Voet Van Afrika MTB Race

Naas Vermaak

Event Name: Voet Van Afrika MTB Race
When: 15 October 2017
Where: Glaskasteel, 9 South St, Bredasdorp, Western Cape
Category: MTB

The Voet van Afrika MTB Race presented for the first time in 2014 as a companion event to the marathon. This unique event was praised by its participants for its challenging single file trails amongst the world’s most beautiful natural fynbos in full bloom. Most riders were amazed by the world class condition of the complete route which is developed and maintained by Southernmost Foundation. This year’s MTB Race hosts rides for amateurs to advanced mountain bikers. Try the 57km, 47km, 33km or 15km distances with new trails and varied terrain. MTB riders from across the globe are invited to join a race which promises to develop into one of the most beautiful and enjoyable events of its kind.

Unlike our challenging counterpart the marathon, the MTB routes will have you relax a bit, brimming with delight! Our approach was to turn you into a speedster before you know it. Whilst every route will take you to a climb (a necessary evil) the ride thereafter will be primarily downhill with rolling hills right until the finish. So, come and choose your treat: 4 options to choose from, and off you fly!!

MTB RACE DISTANCES: 57km, 47km, 33km, 15km

ENTRY FEE: 57km R240, 47km R220, 33km R200, 15km R120

RACE BRIEFING: 10 mins before the start

STARTING TIME: 57km 07h30, 47km 07h40, 33km 08h00, 15km 08h20

VENUE : Glaskasteel, 9 South St, Bredasdorp, Overberg

COORDINATES: Google GPS: 34°32'23. 20°02'48.9"E

PRIZE GIVING: 13H00

PRIZES: 1st place Medal and Gift box for each category winner & Medals for all participants - No Prize money

PRE-ENTRIES CLOSE: 12 October 2017

No refunds once you've entered.

GOODY BAGS for 1st 100 online entries

Go to Event Page

hubevents-57148-0-78009100-1502886899_thumb.jpg