Would you pay 40 000 ZAR for a titanium frame ?

Heel Drop

Titanium   

98 members have voted

1. 1. would you pay 40 000 ZAR for a titanium frame ?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't pay that for A dual frame with A shock 

for me ( even if money was no problem) 25k would be the limit for dual with shock 30k if its A very good shock ( DPS factory) 

17k roof for hardtail 

We have to get rational at some point 

hardtail - just the frame - some road bikes a frameset with a carbon rigid fork

Edited by Heel Drop

There are so many factors to be unpacked here, that a Y/N binary poll is meaningless.

When you see 'that' frame (you know what I'm talking about), all sense goes out the window. As does your credit...

I think you need a third option - "It depends", then provide an open-ended option for comments. Then best of luck analysing that

That's just getting to the point of flushing your money down the toilet if you ask me. If you look at my budget my bike is by far the recreational thing I spend the most money on - but even if I had the money to drop on a ti frame - 40k is just waaay too much.... Maybe if it was made from platinum I'd reconsider haha

I looked at a few frames - hardtail - MTB and Gravel/Road type frames 

Many different variations specs etc and the average price point is around 40k for a GOOD frame 

I imported a complete TI cycle with parts and completely happy with the purchase 

I agree it may well be a very niche group that will purchase it and its a real shame that we miss out 

Some real nice bikes out there in this segment 

Maybe if it was made from platinum I'd reconsider haha

Considering that Pt has a 10% HIGHER specific gravity than even gold, you've better hope that it comes with a carbon fork and wheels. You know, to keep the weight down.

Will make a lovely descender though. But being quite malleable, you'll probably crash at the first corner at too-high-a-speed with inadequate brakes. I'm thinking it'll be quite sore

The Stage frame mos costs 60K right ?

And people buy those things , so you'll definitely have A market although much smaller cause few people appreciate real bikes ( steel and Ti ) 

But it will be like buying A Veyron while having an F1( The Mclaren for you muggles) in the garage 

New one will be bright and shiney but old faithful can still get the job done ( if that makes sense ? )

Wouldn't pay 40k for any of these frames , beautiful bikes and frames to look at and all but at some point you're starting throw away your money

post-46013-0-30330100-1502898098_thumb.jpg

post-46013-0-45501900-1502898106_thumb.jpg

post-46013-0-55160000-1502898110_thumb.jpg