Cannondale Scapel Si - Your thoughts

AllAboutRides

I assume you are riding a cannondale?

Both MTB and road. He is a fanboy.  :whistling:

Which shops offer demo bikes for the scalpel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike Addict does demos on Scalpel models and others too on request if I am not mistaken. They are based in Malmesbury.

Edited by Andrew_Smith

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve never in my life seen so much Cannondales in one race when I was at the spectator point at the Cape Epic, quite impressive!

Last question is it worth spending the extra money from Scapel 1to the Team bike?

I’ve never in my life seen so much Cannondales in one race when I was at the spectator point at the Cape Epic, quite impressive!

Last question is it worth spending the extra money from Scapel 1to the Team bike?

Not so sure. My son has the 2017 Carbon 1, and it has carbon rims, like the Team, just not Enves, and has mostly XTR, but not XX1 Eagle like the Team.  But I doubt there is much difference in weight. But the frame is exactly the same, just not the same colour.

bla bla bla bla....  but really if it was better others would have replicated it in some way.

Cannondale have more patents on that than a greasy teenager has pimples.

Some have tried their own rendition already and failed.

Ive ridden fox forks, Sid dual airs, Sid solo airs and Rebas and with my 90kg weight the lefty has been the best.

Initial feelings was the Lefty was too soft but it soaks up all the small chattery stuff and then towards the end of the travel it ramps up very nicely where on my Reba, if I had it nice and soft to soak up the small chattery bumps I would blow through the travel and bottom it out.

The Lefty really is in a league of its own.

The lefty is definitely the best shock I have ridden. Must also ad that on my previous FSi I had endless issues with it but when it works it has no equal. It unfortunately is an expensive shock to maintain

Had the privlage to ride this ome today!

Not bad, not bad at all....the suspension just need some fine tuning but overall I will give a 9/10

Think the biggest decision now will be between the Scapel 1and Team....just never ends :-)

Thanks everyone for the response and feedbacks, highly appreciated

post-32445-0-34544000-1521824872_thumb.jpeg

What a beaut’ ☝☝☝

Minor differences between the two models

The team bike though

Also thinking about getting her

Hehehe

Special

Congrats in advance man

I assume there will be a way to fine tune front suspension? Something the bike shop will know or need to do, because if I do it myself I might ending up over the handle bars

Had the privlage to ride this ome today!

Not bad, not bad at all....the suspension just need some fine tuning but overall I will give a 9/10

Think the biggest decision now will be between the Scapel 1and Team....just never ends :-)

Thanks everyone for the response and feedbacks, highly appreciated

Bought the 1 and upgraded a few things before i bought:

Fox dps evol factory shock...prefer the three settings vs just open and closed on RS

Eagle xx crank

Xx shifter

Enve bar

Sworks phenom saddle

Xtr pedals

Fabric silicone grips

11.0 kg

Awesome bike for 30k less than the team bike. Only difference is the wheels and paint job... not worth R30k imo.

Edited by Chain-L