Tygerberg MTB Club, steps up and offer assistance

Morne Veer

6 athletes, from the WP / WC region, have been selected to represent South Africa at the World Champs (Australia), starting in first week of September. Unfortunately, due to CSA's financial position, the federation was not able to make any contributions towards the riders' expenses - most riders started their own campaigns for funding, but the expenses for each rider is VERY high.

The Tygerberg MTB club, as with most people, are VERY frustrated with the financial position of CSA, and the affect is has on our riders, however, we also understand the importance of our athletes being able to participate on the world’s biggest stage – not just for the current riders themselves, but also for our youth who needs to have SA idols to look up to at these prestigious events.

The Tygerberg MTB Club has many social projects and “upliftment” projects, outside of mtb’ing, which is a critical and integral part of our vision. Nevertheless, we also want to invest back into our youth, and see the sport grow even more.  I am therefore happy to confirm, that the Tygerberg MTB club contributed R30 000 towards our WP / WC athletes' expenses.

Our Club is extremely proud of our SA mountainbikers, but even more so of our Western Cape athletes, who are regularly seen on our trails, and being such good ambassadors for the sport, and our children in particular.

We are very proud to have made this financial contribution of R30 000 towards their budget, and together with Western Province Mountain Biking Commission, who also made a R30 000 contribution, are happy to be able to make a difference. 

We would like to encourage our club members, and the general public, to also pledge towards this cause, by visiting the Facebook page of Western Province Mountain Biking Commission, where you can buy a raffle ticket @R100, and stand a chance to win a Sram Upgrade kit.

https://www.facebook.com/wpmtbc/posts/1750763661892779?fref=gc&hc_location=ufi

Wishing the athletes all the very best for this wonderful experience.

Edited by Veer-Factor

Yup

Who are these talented youngsters? Perhaps an opportunity here to get them some exposure for more assistance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Who are these talented youngsters? Perhaps an opportunity here to get them some exposure for more assistance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Off the top of my head Jamie Penfold, Michaela Beaton, and I'm sure there are a couple others. 

Opportunity for the public to get involved by way of the R100 raffle, closes tonight. 

Not just a very worthy cause, but also an opportunity to win a Sram GX Upgrade kit - here is the link again for ease of reference :

https://www.facebook...hc_location=ufi

We have had overwhelming positive feedback and appreciation from the athletes themselves - I assure you that any contribution will be welcomed, as each rider, despite quite a bit of a contribution from the WP mtb community, still need to invest a big amount themselves.