2017 Tiletoria Elgin Valley MTB

LeoKnight

Anybody know where I can find the route profiles?  Did the 30km last year but entered 45km this year and now not sure that I'm up for it given my fitness levels!  So would like to compare...

Any chance you have the 70km profile as well ? :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got a mail from the route planner regarding the 70km route, now I really enjoyed the mail giving the "route briefing" in advance when you can really take it in.  

Basically most of the route stays the same as last year, with the exception of the starting bit around the dam being a bit different

Looking forward to this, have never climbed Groenlandberg before so it will be a first to me.

Close to 2000m climbing according to the race briefing this morning, that's a lot for 70km! But tbh I'm more nervous about the descents on Groenlandberg

Looking forward to this, have never climbed Groenlandberg before so it will be a first to me.

Close to 2000m climbing according to the race briefing this morning, that's a lot for 70km! But tbh I'm more nervous about the descents on Groenlandberg

In the same boat as you, think the 45km might have more "fun" bits but really keen on going up Groenlandberg for the first time and getting down safely.  

In the same boat as you, think the 45km might have more "fun" bits but really keen on going up Groenlandberg for the first time and getting down safely.  

I would imagine the 45km being very similar to Day 2 of the W2W? If so it would probably be a lot more fun...

Also got that email from PPA this morning, so is the route shorter, or is the first 22KM flatter? anyone know, I scare of that climb, any relief will be appreciated, 

Also got that email from PPA this morning, so is the route shorter, or is the first 22KM flatter? anyone know, I scare of that climb, any relief will be appreciated, 

I think the word "flat" is being used loosely, refer to the profile I post before that has last years profile on, you can see it is generally "flat" till about 22 km

Hi to all. Thanks to all who are participating. The event is oversubscribed and we are looking forward to an awesome day. I will definitely make sure that the event gets published sooner next year. Look forward to seeing all there on Sunday.

Regards

Michael de Kock

Tiletoria 

Hi to all. Thanks to all who are participating. The event is oversubscribed and we are looking forward to an awesome day. I will definitely make sure that the event gets published sooner next year. Look forward to seeing all there on Sunday.

Regards

Michael de Kock

Tiletoria 

All the best and hope everything run smoothly.  

This was a proper mtb route, not the type of ride you usually associate with PPA funrides...

Groenlandberg, expected it to be a bit worse tbh but parts did remind me of the Attakwas, very challenging on the bike & body. All-in-all I suffered far more on the rocky downhills than the climbs! 

Registration queues was not as bad as I feared, and results were already out early this afternoon - so well done PPA!

It was a proper challenge for me, different to the Darling Brew long route which had more steep climbs today was generally bareable for us backmarkers with the longer yet not steep gradient. The downhills flip I reallly enjoyed them choosing lines, avoiding the bigger water puddles, and not getting wiped out. Always knew there would not be to much single track on the 70 (ended up 64km), but want to thank them for still putting a descent amount of fun at the end.

Thanks to Tiletoria and PPA

This was my second time doing the long route and this year it was in much better shape than last year. Thoroughly enjoyed it and I will be back next year.