2017 Tiletoria Elgin Valley MTB

LeoKnight

Maybe we talking about a different A-frame, is it the one near the start to wonderland (dam) or the  highway one, where the gate to the left of it was open? 

It was fairly close to the start, people walked over it 2 at a time so it is wider than normal, probably waited a minute there so can't imagine it was a big issue for 99% of the riders unless you started late and wanted to keep in touch with the front riders...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi to all. Thanks to all who are participating. The event is oversubscribed and we are looking forward to an awesome day. I will definitely make sure that the event gets published sooner next year. Look forward to seeing all there on Sunday.

Regards

Michael de Kock

Tiletoria 

Great to meet you yesterday Michael, and Thank you to yourself and your team for choosing myself and the Wife for "The Selfie Competition" :clap:  :thumbup:  New look house here we come  :clap:

The event was very well organised with Great food and Beer/Cider at the end. The route was fantastic and great fun. Thanks again to Tiletoria for sponsoring this event and PPA.

Quality event.

Glen

Edited by T-Bag68

It was fairly close to the start, people walked over it 2 at a time so it is wider than normal, probably waited a minute there so can't imagine it was a big issue for 99% of the riders unless you started late and wanted to keep in touch with the front riders...

When the first 70k bunch crossed it,it was noted by a marshall that the A-frame would cause bottlenecks.A marshall was rushed to the A-frame to open the gate next to it (and keep the cattle out!)hence some riders experiencing the A-frame bottleneck and later riders bypassing it !

Gate was open when we went through it. No one used the A-frame.

When we went through, the gate was open and one guy still took the A-frame over :clap:

I'm to embarrassed to admit I skipped this race to watch the Floyd Mayweather show :whistling:

The alarm sounded at 5, heard the wind blowing and remember the fight :w00t:

if seeding is done properly (more than 3 MTB seeding groups) and decide on the day which groups go off together to keep numbers consistent, there would be no need for money making strategy "Race group" !?

To my knowledge they do it to stop riders who leave in a later group but post a faster winning time and then want to claim podium. We had that last year hence the racing group - all leave at once so no "claims"

Great to meet you yesterday Michael, and Thank you to yourself and your team for choosing myself and the Wife for "The Selfie Competition" :clap:  :thumbup:  New look house here we come  :clap:

The event was very well organised with Great food and Beer/Cider at the end. The route was fantastic and great fun. Thanks again to Tiletoria for sponsoring this event and PPA.

Quality event.

Glen

Hi Glen - well done and you need to contact me with regards to claiming your voucher - 021 202 0160

Edited by mdk555