[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So by my calculations, if it takes a person roughly 1min from the front of the queue to print their number and collect their pack then : 

1min x 35000 cyclists = 35000 min / 60 / 24 to get days ....   24.3 days!!!  

So let's say they have 10 printers, that means 2.4 days of SOLID printing just to get all the numbers printed...

I think I may just print my own number at home and forget about the expo...  Unfortunately we need the stupid starters card to get into our chutes.

Edited by WesleyR

I wonder if those queuing services advertised on Gum tree will go and fetch my numbers, for a small fee or maybe the contents of my goody bag?!

So you are not allowed INTO the expo at all?

Or its just that you cannot get your numbers?

Some of us just go for the "specials"  :whistling:  :whistling:

I did not get as far as the displays. But if you do go, I think the supply/demand situation would be in your favour for negotiating deals on specials. :clap:

That is if the exhibitors have not all packed up and left the building .... :wacko:

This is a serious ####*p

So by my calculations, if it takes a person roughly 1min from the front of the queue to print their number and collect their pack then : 

1min x 35000 cyclists = 35000 min / 60 / 24 to get days ....   24.3 days!!!  

So let's say they have 10 printers, that means 2.4 days of SOLID printing just to get all the numbers printed...

I think I may just print my own number at home and forget about the expo...

You gotta also divide by the amount of hours they are open for the day which is not 24hrs...

You gotta also divide by the amount of hours they are open for the day which is not 24hrs...

True!

It seems bizarre that the organisers could get it so wrong. Sending out messages to say "Avoid the expo" ....

Not a good look for the CTCT...

I am sure it will be sorted out in time and all the numbers printed by hook or by crook. But many people, especially those coming from afar (N. Suburbs, Stellenbosch, etc.) will be mightily inconvenienced by this. This is not a minor glitch.

Ride for Sight just liked the last comment (today)...

Biggest issue is to manage the Central DB of numbers.  But ASA doing it now online for 6? years. We build the system those days and not touched it again. +- 120k users now and just works.

Think biggest issue is that the provinces/clubs have to manged the allocation of numbers so cyclist will need to join a club (like runners) before getting number

Biggest issue is to manage the Central DB of numbers.  But ASA doing it now online for 6? years. We build the system those days and not touched it again. +- 120k users now and just works.

Think biggest issue is that the provinces/clubs have to manged the allocation of numbers so cyclist will need to join a club (like runners) before getting number

I like the idea of a (semi) permanent number. and there's already a solution. Your racetec orange gubbin.

Edited by Duane_Bosch