Surge Firefly 1200

nandosguy

I was recently in the market for a budget front light for my MTB. I stumbled across the Surge Firefly 1200 online. It arrived promptly from Takealot. And at R550 for a rechargeable light it certainly met the (budget) criteria. Given the price and manufactured origin of the light I wasn't expecting much. However I must say it had surprised me and turned out to be quite a Lekka little light. The beam on bright is in fact very bright! It does have a slightly hot spot in the middle of the beam but it does still cast enough light around the edges that I can easily see a low branch or obstruction to the side. On maximum brightness it seems to last about four hours, this is not as much as they claim but that's normal manufacturer optimism I reckon. Overall I'm very happy with it so far. And hell, for the price you can't really go wrong. Cheers

Link to the item on Takealot?

sorry mate, I bought my light about a month ago, I just went onto takealot and its not showing anymore.

• 3 years later...
On 9/2/2017 at 2:01 PM, Skylark said:

Link to the item on Takealot?

Here it is...

https://www.takealot.com/surge-1200-firefly-light-grey-black/PLID38154472