New Team Raleigh Bike

Jokerman

Hi all

Just got a call from my one friend in Cape Town who confirmed that he had his hands on the first Team issue Raleigh bike....onlu on ein the country at the moment.

Now this guy is not a Raleight fan at all as most of us but said he went weak in the knees when he saw the bike and the finish.....

Sad thing is all of the shipment that is due to arrive is already sold........some bike shops are buying them for R4500 more than what they are suppose tp sell for to have stock....

Looks to be a hot item...can't wait to see one for myself....

Anyone of you got a order in for one

Guest colonel

Tired to get and couldnt aswell. I know that some dealers said to ProBike that if they dont get they are cancelling their accounts with them!!

Weren't these bikes supposed to be released in August already? Anyone buying the bike wanting to get rid of the 404's contact me.

Jason, talk to Crux re ebay - this may be the best place to start with, even if its just to get an idea re what these things go for second hand.

I know he's quite the shopper there, will be able to give you the inside track re how to pay, where to look etc.

Yip, and Pro Bike has already made it public that they won't bring in another shipment of these bikes specific the Team series.................

So I guess this is going to become  quiet a unique and special bike.......

Just hope they are better than their previous attempt on carbon.......

Weighed the current Team bike as is and it was 600 heaier than my Scott aluminium framed bike

But from what my friend said this bike is a 200% improvement on the current one

Its a fact that probike is sales driven and there number one objective is to sell as many bikes as possible no matter what. So it makes me wonder whats the real reason behind the limited quantity team bikes.

Its a fact that probike is sales driven and there number one objective is to sell as many bikes as possible no matter what. So it makes me wonder whats the real reason behind the limited quantity team bikes.

Purely guesswork but:

1. Limiting the numbers keeps them special.

2. At a sticker price of R25K with Zipp wheels, full Dura-Ace and top notch everything else you have to wonder how much profit there is to be made.  Along the same lines, at that price it's almost worth buying the bike to scavenge the parts to upgrade an existing high-end bike with componentry that is a few years old, and I guess Pro-Bike must know that and be keen to keep it to a minimum.

3. The halo effect.  Having such a sought after bike at the top of the range helps the rest of the range to look good.

To make them more desirable?

Marketing stunt? Everybody is talking about them!

Ferarri does that with thier top line models. They make 1 less than what they think demand will be. 

(Not that I am comparing Raleigh to Ferarri)

Guest Michelle
colonel: The microsoft guys have the full carbon version...

To make them more desirable?

Marketing stunt? Everybody is talking about them!

Now what if lets say you manage to break one of these limited edition very desirable team frames....With what will they replace it?!

Now what if lets say you manage to break one of these limited edition very desirable team frames....With what will they replace it?!

Good question and for how much do you insure it because it will be irraplaceble (sp?)

(Not that I am comparing Raleigh to Ferarri)

I think that's a good comparison  Wink

Guest colonel
colonel: The microsoft guys have the full carbon version...

No they dont, the 2006 Team bikes are not full carbon the old black bikes they rode last year were the Mlcolm Lange Signature bikes that were full carbon. The 2007 Team is full carbon.