Some more info? Solo? Supported?

Road? Gravel? MTB?

It seems I'll be able to join you for ~60km's on your current route...

Sounds lekker!

Thanks for the reply!

Planning on doing it solo, a big part of it all is to show what is possible on a bike for a normal person, but hopefully with as many people as possible joining for whatever bits they can along the way. So it would be so great if you could join for a few km's! 

I will ride a cyclocross bike that will let me take some dirt roads where possible but avoiding any serious off road stuff. 

I agree that November is going to be SERIOUSLY hot, but sometimes you can't keep pushing the planning for these sorts of things back. Any sooner will be, well, just too soon! 

Thanks for the reply!

Planning on doing it solo, a big part of it all is to show what is possible on a bike for a normal person, but hopefully with as many people as possible joining for whatever bits they can along the way. So it would be so great if you could join for a few km's! 

I will ride a cyclocross bike that will let me take some dirt roads where possible but avoiding any serious off road stuff. 

I agree that November is going to be SERIOUSLY hot, but sometimes you can't keep pushing the planning for these sorts of things back. Any sooner will be, well, just too soon!

Awesome!

What's your idea on overnight stops?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Adventuring Cyclist

I can't view your route the Garmin page goes blank, possibly because I don't have a Garmin account.

I only used a backpack, a 50L waterproof day pack.

I would take a second kit so I could rotate the Bibs. A rain jacket and leggings. I always carried just enough spares and drink from one sleep over to the next sleep over. I would use a powder cool drink and a powder food supplement on the bike.

I would reach out on social media for places to sleep on route. Rotary and Lion clubs.

I made provisions to collect my Supplements and Tubes on route at the end of each day or every second day.

I had posted parcels to the designated Towns.

I would contact each Provincial authority to travel on the roads. I tried to stay on busy roads for my own safety. I carried pepper spray and a paintball pistol.

I hope that helps.

David