Proposal: Hubbers Training Camp

bruce

Reading the serious climbs thread reminded me of a web site that I saw.  Go check this out for heaven:

101%, I reckon Marco could cause some serious damage on these babies.

They even have a ride named after one of our esteemed hubbers - slowpoke.

So, how about a little training camp then!!

bruce' date=' are you sponsoring?

[/quote']

Tongue not cheap hey?   But I reckon you just need to arrange the flights and rock up there with your bike - I mean, who needs a guide anyway, we're from South Africa and riding on our roads qualifies us to ride anywhere in the world.

Guest Michelle

How rude... I have a triple Embarrassed

"Die another day" (Tierra del Trigo):

This is the ride of all rides for all those masochistic climbers out

there. Sure, the ascent is "only" 600m, but for the first two

kilometres, the average

gradient of this climb is 15%. Hell, even cars struggle up here. It's

the ultimate power climb, so fasten your crank-bolts well. You will

need both physical and mental strength to successfully scale this

positively brutal little road. We won't take people up here unless

they've proven their level of fitness to the guide beforehand.

Exception: unless you've got those dorky triple chainrings on your road

bike. The good news? After tackling this, everything else seems flat!

Bruce.

Marco will be in his element there , do'nt no how he generates all that power!!!!

But a Hubbers training camp does sound good!!!! so we can all put a face to theses names we speak to everyday!Thumbs%20Up

So' date=' how about a little training camp then!!

[/quote']

bruce -

after the severe punishment you guys handed out on sunday i seriously can do with a climbing training camp.  by the looks of it i can even work in some fishing while i am there!

was still going to say hi but when i finally manged to look up again you guys were gooooooone!

Dr. Seuss2006-10-11 07:17:17

101%: scary thing is that you might not realise you do know some of the people already, even if just by sight...

Guest Michelle
fatcyclist: Yeah.. I met 101% at a cycling shop before I was introduced to him as 101% by Cruxie LOL

Marco will be in his element there ' date=' do'nt no how he generates all that power!!!!
[/quote']

Was made very aware of it on Sunday thanks.  Up until the top of Sterkfontein hill I recorded my maximum power output for 30 minutes hanging onto his wheel.  We had ridden 73 minutes at 320 watts up until then.

Still managed to get dropped though Ouch

So' date=' how about a little training camp then!!

[/quote']

bruce -

after the severe punishment you guys handed out on sunday i seriously can do with a climbing training camp.  by the looks of it i can even work in some fishing where i am there!

was still going to say hi but when i finally manged to look up again you guys were gooooooone!

Hah, with Marco and Anton Oberholzer (geesh, who let him come ride with us???) in the bunch I was not dishing out any punishment.  I had to get new handlebar tape 'cos I chewed through the last lot.

Bruce

I seem to recall you doing some hard pacing up the first climb comming into krugersdorp????? WHAT WHERE YOU THINKING?????? you would'nt catch me dead setting the pace over a climb!!!Big%20smile should have saved your self a bit!!!

Ok, so lets have this training camp somewhere sentral, like Lesotho.....

PLENTY of climbs in that area I'm told.....Wink

You up for this Fatty? LOL

Perhaps some where over the Xmas holidays. Or the next time there's a decent long weekend?