Cannondale Lefty Pros/Cons

Voltageza

Need a little help.

I am in the process of buying a new bike. One of the bikes i am interested in is Cannondale Lefty 2013/14

Cannondale Flash Team (large)

Full carbon Team lefty fork

Sram XX full grouppo

Carbon seatpost

ENVE carbon bar

ZTR arch black edition wiele.

Specialized carbon full rails saddle

2 x 10

Bike has a few nicks and scratchs. Shock lockout does not work.

Any advice and what will be a good price on the bike?

Okay. Then my R40k is way too much.

Shock service will be in reagion of R2.5k

You can get n 1 × upgrade kit for about R4k even less.

Okay. Then my R40k is way too much.

Shock service will be in reagion of R2.5k

You can get n 1 × upgrade kit for about R4k even less.

Is it THAT expensive to service a Lefty? And I am thinking of getting one. Not anymore.

Is it THAT expensive to service a Lefty? And I am thinking of getting one. Not anymore.

No it is not - depends who you take it to. My buddies Spez brain costs way more than my Lefty to Service and does not feel half as good.

What sort of lefty is it? The one with the boot? It cost me R1200 to service a 2010 lefty though agents. Serviced the fork and replced the boot - you will battle to find bearingsfor the older models. About 3 months ago. I was also informed that Cdale will not be supporting any of the older forks anymore - I think they said anything older than 2014. No more parts for those leftys.

If the lockout doesn't work and the shock is leaking oil, it sounds like the bike has been neglected. I would say R20k is too much. Is it a carbon frame 29er?

Edited by Ruan Espach

What sort of lefty is it? The one with the boot? It cost me R1200 to service a 2010 lefty though agents. Serviced the fork and replced the boot. About 3 months ago. I was also informed that Cdale will not be supporting any of the older forks anymore - I think they said anything older than 2014. No more parts for those leftys.

If the lockout doesn't work

that's a big call, local or global decision?

that's a big call, local or global decision?

Info I got from Omnico when I phoned them to ask about parts. Also confirmed by Mendon Cycle Smith in the US.

I think its a 2014. How can i determine for sure? Carbon shock OPI. With the boot.

I google mine to check the specs, eg. Cannondale Scalpel 2010 specs and checked the info on bike list. I just checked for the flash and it looks like the 2013 models already came out with the hybrid forks (without the boot) so it's probably an older model or a replacement fork.

How much is a oil service and how much is a full service on a lefty?

i have never paid more than R1500.00 for a full service....been riding them from 2011.....booty lefty , 1.0 hybrid and now 2.0.