Scott Spark 960 2017 / 970 2018 / Camber / Trek Fuel

Wheelie87

Should be ok then...

Sorry I just assumed (mother of all F#@k ups  :whistling: ) that you were on the heavier side due to wanting an XL frame  :P

Ha Ha, honest mistake. I also fall in your side of the weight category and always ask for the weight limits of wheels etc. as I tend to exceed a lot of them. On that point, I think they should stop ranking race results in age categories and start acknowledging that weight is a bigger factor than age. It's a different sport above 105kg!

So its come down to 2018 Scott Spark and the 2018 Trek EX 5

Scott RRP R31k (can get it for R27,5K)

Trek RRP R30k (can get it for R27k)

Leaning towards the Trek

Will make the call tomorrow

Have to say...Trek looking gooood

Wheeelie

I'm in the same boat right now, but consider the warranties as well. Scott = 5 year and Trek = Lifetime with 5 year on swing arm. 

Was in the same boat and bought a second-hand Pyga 110 is brilliant condition.

Very happy with it, especially after trying mates new Scotts and Cambers.

Ha Ha, honest mistake. I also fall in your side of the weight category and always ask for the weight limits of wheels etc. as I tend to exceed a lot of them. On that point, I think they should stop ranking race results in age categories and start acknowledging that weight is a bigger factor than age. It's a different sport above 105kg!

They start buffalo at 90kg....that's barely a decent size backline player! I see they have now even added a Buffalo lite category for 80kg-90kg. They should rather add a Buffalo+ category! At the back of the W2W Adventure F group there are a lot of Buffalo+ candidates if the add a 105kg+ category.

Went for my first ride yesterday...compared to my Specialized Hard Rock...no comparison 

Not too bad mouth the Hard Rock...that bike put many smiles on my face...but this is just in a different class

Very happy 

Thanks for all the comments and tips guys, much appreciated 

:clap:  :thumbup:

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeelieattachicon.gifFullSizeRender (7).jpg

Nice. Congratulations!

Next up is a dropper seatpost: 

LYNE CONTOUR DROPPER POST- 31.6MM X 120MM INTERNAL

https://www.on-lynecomponents.com/collections/dropper-posts/products/lyne-contour-dropper-post-31-6mm-x-120mm-internal?variant=34818920198

CONTOUT-INTERNAL-120mm_e1efd211-5152-449

AMEN

Went for my first ride yesterday...compared to my Specialized Hard Rock...no comparison 

Not too bad mouth the Hard Rock...that bike put many smiles on my face...but this is just in a different class

Very happy 

Woohoo!

Excellent, keep us posted. I'm really interested in this bike as well. What made you choose the Trek in the end?

Happy biking!

Woohoo!

Excellent, keep us posted. I'm really interested in this bike as well. What made you choose the Trek in the end?

Happy biking!

Will do mister

It's more a "trail" bike than the Scott and better priced than the Camber.

Also the good folks at BMT in Stellenbosch had me sold on the Trek, as a bike that perfectly fits my needs and also their amazing service and package they offered as a whole. (Awesome bikeshop btw) The bike feels very capable going down and going up also feels good (which apparently is rare with more trail oriented bikes) even better than the Hard Rock I'm used to.

I'm very happy all&all , but will give more feedback on the bike as I get to ride it more.

Wanted a 2017 one (for price obv) but glad I got the 2018 It just looks amazing and rides like a dream.

Trek of vrêk  :eek:  :clap:

Very happy 

Bloody good choice man, I'm hoping to get my hands on a Fuel EX soon. It gets a much better review than the Spez Camber.

Fuel EX vs Camber:

https://youtu.be/fVc_iAL4xRI

Edited by Christofison

• 2 years later...