Specialized Helmet Crash Replacement Policy

Aurora

Hi All,

Does anybody know what the crash replacement policy is on Specialized Helmets?

I bought an S-works Previal in August last year that has developed a crack under the front air-vent so need to get it replaced.

Thanks in advance

crash policy ... but developed a crack ?

If its a manufacturers fault then i am sure they will look into it for you, given its a premium product.

If you dropped it or crashed, then thats something different alltogether. I am sure the Spez guys will have more info on this for you, or just call the shop you bought it from.

As above - if it developed a crack sans a crash they should replace, if crack is crash related I think you get 50% off new purchase, or something of the like

Thanks guys, it was never crashed.

Its cracked right in the center of the front vents on your forehead - very strange place to crack - almost like a weakness in that point.

Didn't actually think of warranty - thanks for pointing out.

Hi Aurora,

Our Crash Replacement policy is valid for 2 years from the original date of purchase, be it crash damage, transit damage or if it’s been eaten by the dog:-).

Crash Replacements apply to the first owner and needs to be processed through an authorized Specialized retailer.

You will need to take your proof of purchase and damaged helmet to your preferred Specialized retailer to have it processed.

I have damaged my personal helmet in a backpack during travelling and opted to get a "Helmet Soft Case" made by Specialized for travelling - there is stock available.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to drop us a mail at:

supportsa@specialized.com or call us on 021 808 7333

Thanks

Gareth

Hi All,

Does anybody know what the crash replacement policy is on Specialized Helmets?

I bought an S-works Previal in August last year that has developed a crack under the front air-vent so need to get it replaced.

Thanks in advance

I was given 33%(if memory serves) of crashed and damaged helmet value off the purchase of a new Spez helmet. Good backup service imo.

Hi Aurora,

Our Crash Replacement policy is valid for 2 years from the original date of purchase, be it crash damage, transit damage or if it’s been eaten by the dog:-).

If only I'd bought a Specialized. I crashed with another well known brand and destroyed the helmet. My puppy chewed part of the damaged helmet. Despite it being damaged in an accident, they wouldn't honour the crash replacement because of the teeth marks.

Hi Aurora,

Crash Replacements apply to the first owner and needs to be processed through an authorized Specialized retailer.

You will need to take your proof of purchase and damaged helmet to your preferred Specialized retailer to have it processed.

I have damaged my personal helmet in a backpack during travelling and opted to get a "Helmet Soft Case" made by Specialized for travelling - there is stock available.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to drop us a mail at:

supportsa@specialized.com or call us on 021 808 7333

Thanks

Gareth

BOOM we have spaz reply within an hour!!!!

unbalivvvvvvalbie

• 3 years later...