Epic enough to win an entry?

News bot

The world’s biggest and toughest mountain bike race route was announced yesterday. And if you’ve been eyeing a highly-prized entry into the 2018 Absa Cape Epic, Virgin Active is giving you the chance to get it – that’s if you’re willing to battle your burning quads, lungs and waning mental fortitude.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So ek moet nou 2 keer n week vir 2 weke deur ry vanaf Gansbaai, Somerset toe om "group exercise classes" by te woon om die challenge te kan klaarmaak...

Ja nee wat... Nr 4 maak dit impossible vir ons ouens op die platteland. 

Sterkte aan almal wat dit kan maak... 

Its not such a hard challenge, and obviously you would need to be a VA member, no point complaining about that. If they are sponsoring the entry, they would expect to get some membership mileage out of the deal too.

challenges are very - NOT Epic.....

No1. Go to the gym..sit on the bike..watch 2 rugby games...pedal.

No2. 5000m slightly more difficult...ride your bike up and down the mountain a couple of time at a speed that will allow you to enjoy the flowers....

no.3... 2x4hour ...that a Sunday morning long cruise...

no.4 ...attend 4 classes???wth? attend..so I can just sit there and waste an hour?

Win the entry and embarrass yourself by finishing every stage 10 hours after the winner...

NO THANKS...IM OUT!!!

So glad to hear that so many people are out.

I'm IN !!!!

The only thing that I already don't do is class workouts but that's easy enough to do.

As a roadie I have very little interest in doing the Epic (and everybody would laugh at my MTB) but if I'm able to sell the entry then it's all good (obviously will have to win it 1st).