Epic enough to win an entry?

News bot

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

challenges are very - NOT Epic.....

No1. Go to the gym..sit on the bike..watch 2 rugby games...pedal.

No2. 5000m slightly more difficult...ride your bike up and down the mountain a couple of time at a speed that will allow you to enjoy the flowers....

no.3... 2x4hour ...that a Sunday morning long cruise...

no.4 ...attend 4 classes???wth? attend..so I can just sit there and waste an hour?

Win the entry and embarrass yourself by finishing every stage 10 hours after the winner...

NO THANKS...IM OUT!!!

Bud, you do know thats not the training you must do for the event? Thats to get entry. 

Bud, you do know thats not the training you must do for the event? Thats to get entry. 

On Saturday I saw a school kid sporting an "Epic" jacket after a cycling event

I asked if he did the Epic .... his dad laughed, and said that he (the dad) did the Epic, his son is just wearing the jacket.

With a smile I asked the lid if he knows that jacket was for for in blood and SWEAT .....  His dad just said "YES".

Pity it has become so commercial and the talks always goes back to one bottle of water and obscene amounts of money .... as it really should be about an EPIC cycle event.  (okay, I know that without the sponsors and the whole commercial aspect the event would not exist..)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in. Fun challenges, except those group classes! Zzzzzzzzzz!

I'll also have the worst bike there but may hire one if it comes to that and if it doesn't then screw it, might just win an action cam with everyone bailing due to feelings!

I read that you cannot sell the entries.

If the general population are as negative towards it as the people on here then my chances are up.

I have been a VA member for many years and I might finally get rewarded for my loyalty. The challenges seem OK although the 5000m ascent will require a bit more planning than my usual riding I wonder how folks can mange who live in relatively flat areas will manage.

Not looking forward to 4 Spin classes.

Edited by @ndy

I'm in, did a 18km mtb ride yesterday afternoon, 382km's to go before the 15th  :eek:

I'm clearly going to need to saddle up the road bike to bump up the kays :wacko:

Or stationary bike - you can crank out 40km per hour without too much effort on the Wattbikes.

Or stationary bike - you can crank out 40km per hour without too much effort on the Wattbikes.

Does your Wattbike app on your phone need to be linked to the bike and to Strava for it to recognize your training session? I've never bothered trying to set mine up.

Does your Wattbike app on your phone need to be linked to the bike and to Strava for it to recognize your training session? I've never bothered trying to set mine up.

yes, link the app to strava, and then once you're on the bike, connect the wattbike app with the wattbike ID via bluetooth

• 1 month later...

I've completed all the challenges so far, I just need to attend one more class tomorrow morning.

Anybody who wants to double their chances of winning and has completed all the challenges please send me a pm.

I'll make you my partner and vice versa.

We will have to compare Strava times and have a little chat to ensure a good riding match.

Anyone else still not seeing their classes reflect on their profiles. I have booked online and attended three classes first one was last Tuesday and I have nothing.

Edit; I just checked today and I'm 3/4. One more tomorrow. :clap:

Edited by @ndy

They mentioned they could take up to 5 days to reflect. Going for my 4th class today then my challenge is officially over.

Edited by Buff_SA

I've completed all the challenges so far, I just need to attend one more class tomorrow morning.

Anybody who wants to double their chances of winning and has completed all the challenges please send me a pm.

I'll make you my partner and vice versa.

We will have to compare Strava times and have a little chat to ensure a good riding match.

Will you be eligible to win the grand prize (the epic entry) even if you haven't completed all the challenges?? :( my understanding was that only the participants who have finished all the challenges will be eligible?