Enduro Bike Recomendation

kentw

Hi fellow hubbers,

I am looking at purchasing a "new" bike to be used predominantly enduro racing. Currently riding an old trance advanced 2 and finding new parts become an issue and the bike is becoming limiting. 

What bike would you buy and why?

TIA   :thumbup:

I'd spend my money on a new Scott Genius. With the Twinlock system from Scott you can lock out the suspension fully and have rigid climber and when you get to the top just flip the Twinlock lever to disengage the lockout and drop the seat to bomb down the trail.

I would also consider a Giant Trance Advanced or Reign if you're looking for bang for buck.

Sent from my SM-J111F using Tapatalk

I really like the Yeti Sb range, anything from Evil especially the 29rs, Santa Cruz Hightower...but if I were buying I'd end up with Specialized. I like their bikes, have a Camber. Feels to me like they are really capable. Most important to me is the service I get. I have never been into Giant in Durbanville so can't speak to their service levels. But for me the choice comes down to long standing bike brands that are less boutique not beacause I don't want one but simply because of support.

What’s your budget? There are so many bikes to choose from.

Keep the YT Jeffsy (27.5 & 29”) and Capra in mind. Very competent bikes.

2017 Trek Fuel Ex 8 (or any of the other Fuel Ex models depending on budget). Pretty good value for money on the current sale price! Pretty solid spec at current price point and a good platform for future upgrades. 130mm travel also very attractive for Enduro.

2017 Trek Fuel Ex 8 (or any of the other Fuel Ex models depending on budget). Pretty good value for money on the current sale price! Pretty solid spec at current price point and a good platform for future upgrades. 130mm travel also very attractive for Enduro.

+1

What’s your budget? There are so many bikes to choose from.

Keep the YT Jeffsy (27.5 & 29”) and Capra in mind. Very competent bikes.

+1 

• 4 weeks later...