amr63

Here's a link to Sunday's Cape Ultra 2017 results:

Cape Ultra 2017 Results (incl Sprint) (corrected link to this year's race)

Let's hear how it went, hubbers (nudge nudge Oakley360) :)

edit: with pics, or it didn't happen... :ph34r:

edit2: seems the 2017 results will be posted on the link on Tuesday (today):

post-93137-0-34708600-1506414409_thumb.jpg

Edited by amr63

Are you sure this is correct? The sprint does not have me or my husband on, and my race number has another person's name attached to it. Also, someone I know who did the 70.3 distance has been listed on the sprint sheet.

Are you sure this is correct? The sprint does not have me or my husband on, and my race number has another person's name attached to it. Also, someone I know who did the 70.3 distance has been listed on the sprint sheet.

I got to the link from the Cape Ultra 2017 page, so I assumed they were the results from 2017 race (no dates on results). From what you say, seems likely that they're the results from last year, or before. My bad, sorry ????.

How did your race go?

Edited by amr63

No worries! It happens.

My race went relatively well but it was my first race so I have nothing to compare it to! Swim was atrocious and had to battle some headwinds on the ride. Other than that, it was enjoyable

That's great, building your competency & confidence and having fun is what matters most. If you're already a cyclist that's a big hurdle cleared right there.

Did you compete?

Nope. Just interested. I stopped competing (track, cross-country, sub-marathon road running & one season of sprint/Olympic triathlon) when our children arrived & started soaking up time & attention; now they're off to university and theoretically I have more time to train again so I want to get back into it. Starting from scratch, 20 years & 12kg later ????.

Nope. Just interested. I stopped competing (track, cross-country, sub-marathon road running & one season of sprint/Olympic triathlon) when our children arrived & started soaking up time & attention; now they're off to university and theoretically I have more time to train again so I want to get back into it. Starting from scratch, 20 years & 12kg later .

I am sure that you will manage! Just do it! :)