Ironman 70.3 East London 2018

clivem

On the one hand I have a serious case of FOMO. I didn't enter as I knew I wouldn't have enough time to train.

On the other hand, I'm happy I don't have to train through the festive season.

Good luck with the last stretch everyone.

I'll be sitting along Turnberry somewhere having a few beers....

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone please explain how many slots per age group is given for the 70.3 worlds? Is it like 10 per age group? Seen as though 100 slots are handed out?

Can anyone please explain how many slots per age group is given for the 70.3 worlds? Is it like 10 per age group? Seen as though 100 slots are handed out?

I suspect you are either forgetting about us ladies or that an age group covers 5 years, running from 19-24 all the way up to 70-74 for the men, 60-64 for the ladies (but depends on who enters). So arond 20 age groups. The slots are not evenly distributed but proportional to the entrants in the age group. So way more allocated to the 35-39 to 45-49 age groups. But again, it depends on who enters.

Edited by Sparkles

• 3 weeks later...

Happy New Year everyone. 

24 days to go.  :clap:

Feeling ready. Hope everyone has been training hard. 

The time is fast approaching. Starting to get very excited now!!! 1 and a half weeks to go for us to go down

Last bit of hard training next week and then taper!!! Looking forward to seeing you all out there...

I'm sure all everyone's nerves will start to kick in soon!

The time is fast approaching. Starting to get very excited now!!! 1 and a half weeks to go for us to go down

Last bit of hard training next week and then taper!!! Looking forward to seeing you all out there...

I'm sure all everyone's nerves will start to kick in soon!

Not nerves, more excitement.  This is a wonderful race - well organised and an awesome route.  If you did the hard work you have nothing to worry about!

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a lift from Johannesburg to support for the weekend, willing to split petrol etc. 

Please let me know if you are driving down and have space for 1?   :clap:

2 weeks to go! had a post holiday ride this weekend...not feeling as strong as i did before the holidays, but what the heck. Gonna be fun!

Hope everyone is doing fine and hitting those Airmunes!

Got that feeling that you didn't do enough, but was busy training the whole holiday.. heheh

Last big ride weekend past followed by brick Run - where I bonked and thought wth!!! And then remembered that hey buddy you did not eat anything on you 5 hr ride!! Dumbass.. Anyway lesson learnt.. A few big swims infront of me with a few 5 - 8km running stints and a few short bike intervals.

I am so nervous!

Starting to plan everything as the excitement is now too much.

Anyone used "best bike splits" for the EL route before? seems like a nice cheatsheet if you have a power meter on?

How is the bike leg? Fast coming back?

Rolling downhill and fast... however save a little in the legs for as you get back into Town, there are a few little energy sapping hills

Starting to plan everything as the excitement is now too much.

Anyone used "best bike splits" for the EL route before? seems like a nice cheatsheet if you have a power meter on?

I used this last year.

Works well, if the wind behaves.

My goal power and actual power were 2w different, but wind cost me 6mins

Great app though, gives you power updates the whole time