robbul

Hi my name is Rob.

I am a cyclist based in Fish Hoek, Cape Town.

I am looking for riding/training partners for either road or mountain or both in and around the Southern peninsula/Southern suburbs.

The only catch is due to a busy workday I ride early mornings leaving 5 back by 7 or so.

I am more than happy to leave earlier if need be and meet up with you somewhere more convenient.

I guess I average about 25-26km/h on road bike with climbs included. Can easily handle a bit more and am super relaxed about riding with slower people but faster or equal is ideal.

Weekends we can ride at a more sensible hour! I enjoy riding road, love riding mountain, climbing is awesome, I am a bit slow on single track as I am rather new to the sport.

Hoping to do rides of about 50-60km during week or hill sprints and repeats.

Weekend longer rides are awesome!

If anyone knows of groups or people who ride those kinds of times I would love to hear of them.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

Cheers

Rob

Edited by robbul

You can join the CycleTeknix Saturday Social group. They have a great 40km ride that starts in Kenilworth on Saturday morning. Very friendly and funny bunch. You might meet a few people who are keen for an early morning weekday ride too.

Edit: this is a road ride but plenty of people do it on their mtb. A few people organise their own mtb ride for Sundays

Edited by Dullscalpel

The TNT group is also a good option. They do regular rides on the weekend and night rides during the week.

Otherwise PM me and I’ll message you whenever I do the wapad up to silvermine or a road ride out to cape point from Hout Bay.

• 1 month later...

Hi my name is Rob.

I am looking for riding/training partners for either road or mountain or both in and around the Southern peninsula/Southern suburbs.

The only catch is due to a busy workday I ride early mornings leaving 5 back by 7 or so.

I am more than happy to leave earlier if need be and meet up with you somewhere more convenient.

I guess I average about 25-26km/h on road bike with climbs included. Can easily handle a bit more and am super relaxed about riding with slower people but faster or equal is ideal.

Weekends we can ride at a more sensible hour! I enjoy riding road, love riding mountain, climbing is awesome, I am a bit slow on single track as I am rather new to the sport.

If anyone knows of groups or people who ride those kinds of times I would love to hear of them.

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob

if you have not found a group yet come and join SSC Cape Town for a ride. We cater for all beginner to pro. if interested let me now otherwise follow us n strava, FB or go to our website. www.ssccapetown.co.za

Hi Rob

What sort of pace do you ride on the road and what sort of MTB do you like doing?

There are a bunch of guys and gals who ride from Muizenberg at 5 weekdays and at least one day in Tokai on the weekends.

The pace is brisk without being ridiculous.

PM me if you're keen. The road route takes us back to fish hoek so we will drop you off there and head this way.

Rad

• 2 weeks later...

Hi my name is Rob.

Cheer

Hi Rob

What sort of pace do you ride on the road and what sort of MTB do you like doing?

There are a bunch of guys and gals who ride from Muizenberg at 5 weekdays and at least one day in Tokai on the weekends.

The pace is brisk without being ridiculous.

PM me if you're keen. The road route takes us back to fish hoek so we will drop you off there and head this way.

Rad

Hi Rad,

Are you guys still riding in the mornings?

Markus

• 3 weeks later...