Stage races to start off with

rogerdias

Thanxs every1.

For when i do sani2c were would i look for a partner?

As far as I know (never done the Sani2C) - the entries are different to some other stage races and the entry is kept (paid for) by the previous year's riders / teams and only sold if a team decides to sell it to another team (but also / sometimes will buy it back from that team doing it this year for the next year), or it will be sold to another team / entry if and when that team (that raced the previous year) does not want the entry again this year...

Hope it is clear as mud now?  :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:

Thanxs every1.

For when i do sani2c were would i look for a partner?

Look for and join a riding group in your area by riding with them you'll get to know who has similar abilities to yours. This is just the start as you would also want a partner that has similar goals and to you, more often than not the person that's your training partner becomes your race partner. Edited by River Rat

Berg & Bush gives the previous riders / teams first choice from a certain date for +/- 2 weeks (I think) and then the remaining open spots are opened up to the general public.

Not sure about other stage races...just go onto the internet and read through their General info en Entries.

As far as I know (never done the Sani2C) - the entries are different to some other stage races and the entry is kept (paid for) by the previous year's riders / teams and only sold if a team decides to sell it to another team (but also / sometimes will buy it back from that team doing it this year for the next year), or it will be sold to another team / entry if and when that team (that raced the previous year) does not want the entry again this year...

Hope it is clear as mud now?  :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:

Not entirely correct, the previous years riders are simply given the first option to enter and if it's not excercised then it becomes available to newcomers.

Not entirely correct, the previous years riders are simply given the first option to enter and if it's not excercised then it becomes available to newcomers.

Okay thanx RR...similar to B&B  :thumbup:  

That's what you think.  The team who did Sani the previous year, enters again, then does the substitution to transfer to a team of their choice (family / friends).  Then the following year repeat the process and they have their entry back.

That's what you think.  The team who did Sani the previous year, enters again, then does the substitution to transfer to a team of their choice (family / friends).  Then the following year repeat the process and they have their entry back.

Yip that's the work around. Although I must say if you're patient enough and watch the classifieds here you will get an entry. We were fortunate enough this year to get a free entry on the Sunday prior to the Tuesday start after sudden work commitments got in the way of the original entrants. It took quite a bit of logistical manoeuvring but we got there and my partner got to do his first Sani.

Isuzu 3 Towers in October near Nelspruit/Sabie, it allows for 3 different distances. Even if you are not a climber, the shorter  ones is very doable. The vibe is probably the best.

This

Would i be ok to do a stage race on a hardtail incase i don't get a dually by then?

Never seen that being a requirement. Just joking, you can do it on a hard tail / single speed, what ever. It might be a bit harder on your backside but many a rider have done it on a HT. I would argue that it might be safer even as less things that can give you trouble over the 2 - 3 days.

Would i be ok to do a stage race on a hardtail incase i don't get a dually by then?

My brother did Epic on a hardtail and he was 50 years old at the time, you'll be fine

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk