Wet spots come and go on tubeless.

Johnny 55

I recently replaced my sealant in my UST tyres. I have done +_ 2700km with them and they stil have about 80% thread left. The wetspots started appearing on the back tyre & the air slowly leaks out.

It stopped for a week and now its back again looking worst than ever, leaking faster. Should I just replace the tyre? I dont know how the tyre can be finished if theres stil so much thread left.

Please help with advice.

Thanks.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently replaced my sealant in my UST tyres. I have done +_ 2700km with them and they stil have about 80% thread left. The wetspots started appearing on the back tyre & the air slowly leaks out.

It stopped for a week and now its back again looking worst than ever, leaking faster. Should I just replace the tyre? I dont know how the tyre can be finished if theres stil so much thread left.

Please help with advice.

Thanks.

time to replace the sealant. 

Hi, thanks for your reply. Its maxxis ardent 2.25 lust. Using stans in them. I bought them this year january. ????

Its maxxis ardent lust. Maybe its a old batch, bought them this year january. I think im gonna start using Tubeless Ready again.

Its maxxis ardent lust. Maybe its a old batch, bought them this year january. I think im gonna start using Tubeless Ready again.

But are UST tyres not thicker than tubeless ready?

Hi Fox, yes I know ust have thicker sidewalls and they are tubeless, not tubeless ready, not sure about the riding surface.

Hi Fox, yes I know ust have thicker sidewalls and they are tubeless, not tubeless ready, not sure about the riding surface.

OK. Cool was just wondering. Does it happen all over the tyre ore just one spot? Couldit not be a cut from glass or something? Something that is perhaps not as visible as it didn't cut all the way through?

I used to ride Contis they came on my bike. Quite liked them. I have Vittoria Barzo and Sagauro on now and regularly get sealant spraying out like I cut the jugular. Never happened on my Contis.

Its ever since I replaced the stans, and replaced it again just to make sure the stans didnt maybe expire, but its doing the same again. its at least 50 small thorn holes, and its coming out of all of them. Just the sidewalls are stil fine. Not losing to much pressure but ive got a race coming up and wanna be sure bike is fit for it.

Really weird. Im sure the rubber is getting old or something, I dont know just a gues.

But thanks for the comments guys, im just gonna buy new tyres.

I have the same on n Schwalbe Racing Ralph. Tyre is old but tread still fine. Riding it as is..not sure I will use it in a race, but sure it will be fine...Only started noticing when putting new stans in...its almost as if the tyre is 'sweating'...happens overnight even on the top of the tyre...

I have the same on n Schwalbe Racing Ralph. Tyre is old but tread still fine. Riding it as is..not sure I will use it in a race, but sure it will be fine...Only started noticing when putting new stans in...its almost as if the tyre is 'sweating'...happens overnight even on the top of the tyre...

I have the same thing happening with my Ralphs

No I usually prefer lower pressure than to high. I think the LUST tyre might be pretty old,maybe theyve been lying in a shop for sometime before I bought them. Just a pity we dont have a wide variety of maxxis available in S.A, but I will stick to maxxis. I never had this problem with my Ardent race tubeless ready tyres. Im just gonna order new tyres today.

Thanks guys.

No I usually prefer lower pressure than to high. I think the LUST tyre might be pretty old,maybe theyve been lying in a shop for sometime before I bought them. Just a pity we dont have a wide variety of maxxis available in S.A, but I will stick to maxxis. I never had this problem with my Ardent race tubeless ready tyres. Im just gonna order new tyres today.

Thanks guys.

Hi Johan

Sorry to read about your problems, have you consulted your local bike store with this? Put them in touch with us and we will gladly look into it for you and see what can be done.

With regards to your comment on not having a wider variety, which particular model do you feel is missing from the range? Current we offer 28 models in SA, thats more than any other tyre brand I know of, actually its close to the combination of most of the big brands...